Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy is full of mistakes but as people have rightly pointed out we haven't been punished for them. I'm not sure this is totally true though. Yes the mistakes haven't led to goals but I do think they change games. The mistakes usually see us put under pressure and result in us defending like clowns in sheer panic which seems to knock our confidence for a while and give the opposition and their fans a boost. I thought we looked extremely confident on Saturday until Mori lost the flight of the ball and Negredo managed to get hold of it and bring others into the play. We never looked the same after that.

What I really hate is him coming to get the ball from Robles. He takes a couple of touches to get it under control and then takes an age to decide what to do with it. He then passes it to Baines who has no space because of how long it took him to get the ball, gets it back and then passes it to Robles to punt it forward.

Even worse, when he gets the confidence to bring it out of defence he's like a magnet attracted to the opposition shirt. Then when he looses it he's out of position and the panic kicks in again.

I think he is a major weak link. I always think that if I was a manager I would get my team to target him. It's a shame because he seems like a decent guy. Just wish he was a bit more no nonsense defender rather than someone that seems to over think things.

Correct. For me, he has the makings of a top class defender. Leave him in the side, to gain more experience and learn how to improve. He will get better, believe.

Well he was at fault for two against Bournemouth by switching off and letting his man go, so there's that.

He's dog shat.

Stoke.

On his knees when Benteke hit crossbar against Palace

Who will ever forget the graceful full circle turn out near the sideline when faced by Hazard at the Bridge. Although 40 yards from goal, by the time he completed the turn, the ball was in the back of rhe net.

Total fallacy that he has not cost us goals.

Well he was at fault for two against Bournemouth by switching off and letting his man go, so there's that.

He's dog shat.

No he wasn't. Lookman let his man go for the second goal and admitted that after the game. Also put Barkley's goal on a plate for him.

Don't understand the 'hate' for Mori. Some Evertonians think they know better than Ronald Koeman and the Argentinian National coach who picks him for a side that is one of the most well known at International level, has some of the best players in the world, and got to the most recent World Cup Final and Copa America Final.

No he wasn't. Lookman let his man go for the second goal and admitted that after the game. Also put Barkley's goal on a plate for him.

Don't understand the 'hate' for Mori. Some Evertonians think they know better than Ronald Koeman and the Argentinian National coach who picks him for a side that is one of the most well known at International level, has some of the best players in the world, and got to the most recent World Cup Final and Copa America Final.

Well we'll see when Koeman bins him off in the summer when he's signing a better centre back then.

And I'm sure as @argietoffee will testify, being a regular in their side isn't a major achievement as it's by far their weakest position. Also he was nowhere near the side that got to the World Cup final.

Well we'll see when Koeman bins him off in the summer when he's signing a better centre back then.

And I'm sure as @argietoffee will testify, being a regular in their side isn't a major achievement as it's by far their weakest position. Also he was nowhere near the side that got to the World Cup final.

Amen brother.

Shane Duffy would be third choice centre half for Argentina

I dont hate the lad at all.

I just dont think he is good enough.

I have a contact in River Plate and they swear he is one of the best guys you will ever meet.

Nothing personal but this is Everton we are talking about

He has a tendency to attack the ball and he's guilty of unsettling the defence - he certainly unsettles me.

He could develop into a really top defender though - he's not had that many games at the highest level.

Those bids for the likes of Kone indicate to me that he's on borrowed time with Koeman.

I suspect both him and Williams are only starters here until Ronald buys two new ones. Williams due to his age and Funes because he's decent but not that 'next level' defender. Both have clear sell by dates. Expecting big bids for VVD and Keane in the summer.

Just out of interest, when did Mori last cost us points? I agree he his not good enough to be 1st choice CB going forward, but the way some people go on he is an absolute disaster shipping goals every game, especially after we've kept 4 clean sheets in 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back