Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never agreed with the level of criticism Funes Mori gets. For me he is a quality CB , he certainly has flaws but what CB doesn’t?
When he’s fit again he’ll walk back into this side
He’s far better than the woefully slow and deeply disappointing (at this point) Keane.

Totally agree mate, as soon as he made a mistake no matter how small he had loads having a pop at him (the same with Robles) whilst everyone else around him got away with it (even Williams at that time) He is a good defender, he's just got to learn when to bring the ball out, and when to lash it into row Z.

giphy.gif

Worth the wait.

Its testament to how poorly coached defensively we've been in recent seasons if this feller hasn't been adapted to use his talents properly in our league.

He's a big athletic player, competitive, can pick a pass and score.

If he's not improved look to the dugout and the coaching staff.

I think thats fair. Martinez was probably a bit too lax, while in all honesty I'm not sure Koeman really went through the basics with many players, which some aspects of his game need.

It's odd, but I can see Sam taking to him. He's a threat in both boxes which has never been utilised. His main issue is positioning and decision making. Lots of positioning work will be done, and I imagine Allardyce will have a very simple message for how to distribute the ball.

I liken him a bit to Sakho, he looks clumsy but he is much better than he looks. It's not a dig at Keane, but you've seen how he's suffered from going from a manager who probably micro-managed him to one that expected players to think for themselves more. Sometimes you have to really break it down for players.

Totally agree mate, as soon as he made a mistake no matter how small he had loads having a pop at him (the same with Robles) whilst everyone else around him got away with it (even Williams at that time) He is a good defender, he's just got to learn when to bring the ball out, and when to lash it into row Z.

I agree that he is a solid CB to have in the squad, and I believe a large portion of the abuse he gets stems from that unforgivable challenge he had which resulted in a sending off against the RS in a recent Derby. It was pretty embarrassing his behavior. I think that one incident has really given us as a fan base a short fuse when it comes to Funes Mori.

I think thats fair. Martinez was probably a bit too lax, while in all honesty I'm not sure Koeman really went through the basics with many players, which some aspects of his game need.

It's odd, but I can see Sam taking to him. He's a threat in both boxes which has never been utilised. His main issue is positioning and decision making. Lots of positioning work will be done, and I imagine Allardyce will have a very simple message for how to distribute the ball.

I liken him a bit to Sakho, he looks clumsy but he is much better than he looks. It's not a dig at Keane, but you've seen how he's suffered from going from a manager who probably micro-managed him to one that expected players to think for themselves more. Sometimes you have to really break it down for players.
Yeah this for me, in reality RFM is the defender we have arguably with the best physical tools, he just needs the right manager to harness them. Think he gets a bad rap in general

Good shout on Keane and his difficulties.

Mori has much more to come. You cant say that about too many of our defenders. Allardyce might just be the one to harness his talents. And he loves a set piece does Sam. Mori will be seen as a big threat for him.

I was only saying the other day that I was enthusiastically awaiting his return because I always rated him as easily one of our better defenders.

Obviously he's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, yet as others have correctly mentioned he unfairly received criticism from many.

Unfortunately however, he's injured until April at the earliest if reports are correct so I doubt we'll see him any time soon.

Think that any worst signing shouts are premature. Wasn't Niasse by far acclaimed as our worst signing ever yet has been key this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back