Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate. Terrible footballers dont get to be an automatic choice for potential World Cup winners or play for top Argentinian teams who win the Copa Libertadores.

He's done what he was told to do at this club: come in and play out of position as he was told by Martinez; hoof the ball under Koeman. Put him in the right setting and he's very good.

He is a mobile CD defender with good distribution and who gets a goal or two.
Damn straight. He's at least 43 times better than Jagielka, Williams and Keane all added together. Get him in alongside Holgate and see if they can gel.

He was decidedly shaky at the back last season and was eventually dropped. Be careful what one wishes for I reckon. I saw nothing last season from him that gives me that warm secure feeling about him playing.

Personally, until we are mathematically safe, I would have Keane and Jags at the back. Maybe then pair Holgate with Keane for the rest of the season.

I would definitely like to see him and Keane given an opportunity to play together until the end of the season. Holgate on the bench as cover. We will still need at least one more in the summer but if they show promise at least it will be a start.

No mate. Terrible footballers dont get to be an automatic choice for potential World Cup winners or play for top Argentinian teams who win the Copa Libertadores.

He's done what he was told to do at this club: come in and play out of position as he was told by Martinez; hoof the ball under Koeman. Put him in the right setting and he's very good.

He is a mobile CD defender with good distribution and who gets a goal or two.

I have an Argentinian friend and they don't really rate him and tbh Argentina aren't a great team atm despite having Messi and Di Maria. They're also not potential world cup winners, judging by how they struggled to get through their group.

I'm open to the fact that he might come back and do well and you're right that he's a threat from set pieces, but he's not shown himself to be a great defender or great at passing out from the back.

You wrote off Walcott and said he was just coming here to retire, implying he was a rubbish, so I don't think you're a great advocate for judging players ability.

Older, injury-prone player signed for big money.

Madness, but entirely in keeping with the era of Sam Hammam MkII

When did Mori turn into a world class player? I know our backs are bad, but come on. He's a decent CB and nothing more.

He's a threat from set pieces but hasn't really done much other than that to show he's a quality player. I think it's just due to how bad our other defenders are that people are deluding themselves.

It'll be good to have him back as an option, especially with Siggy's crosses but unless he ups his game he's not going to make a massive difference.

He’s alright. Excels in interceptions and good in the air offensively and defensively. Can be suspect positionally though and tends to play poor clearances and passes.

Him being an actual left footer is a big bonus though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back