Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wanted him cleared a year ago though Dave.

I'll give you the bit about corners and free kicks but it doesn't matter what system you put him in, he's got mistakes in him every time he plays.
In the hope that we were on the verge of getting sheer class in, not Keane and sticking with Williams.

Context....

Did I misread all them bits where you say you wanted a clear out and name him specifically as a player with mistakes in him who you didn't want starting and thought should be shipped out to a mid-table Spanish or Italian club?
Yes.

LOL....to be fair I would have said all our defenders weren't good enough at that time. Given that all we have that we didn't then is a year older Holgate (who at that point had been used almost exclusively as a RB) and a nervous, low on confidence Keane I'd say the same now, but I see potential in Holgate (and perhaps Keane). I just didn't see the point of selling him since he is definitely good enough as a backup.
Well I can tell you he probably hasn't gotten any better with a year out of the game.

He wasn't good enough back then and shouldn't be considered good enough right now to walk into the team immediately.

Fact is you didn't think he was good enough back then, so why is he good enough now since his injury?

What changed?
Already explained.

Funes Mori has never been seen as a poor player by me and I can easily differentiate what I've ever said about him from any of the OTT criticisms of him some others have made.

He wasnt good enough before he got hurt and he still won't be good enough when he gets back

The worm will turn, just as it did with Robles. I can wait

And no, this isn't a defence of Williams or Jags, who are both finished

I'd be playing Keane and Holgate

Keane has been shaky, but he's better than Funes Mori
No he's not

I see him as holding a place down in La Liga somewhere.
At a mid table team is what you said.

Mori: I like the player. He has something that maybe needs a shift elsewhere to bring out. A move to a mid-table Spanish club would possibly suit.

Which is funny as well because the year before you were bigging him up for CL teams.... What happened Dave?

As for the players: people have short memories on Funes Mori. He came in (in his FIRST season in another country) and adapted very well. That lad will slot in any team at CL level. He's experienced now as an Argentine international and good coaching will make him better. That's for Koeman to spend some of the time he's handsomely rewarded for to put in on him. You dont go out and pay for talent you have here already. Same goes for Galloway who is far and away a safer pair of hands at LB than no paced Baines. Loaning him for a year was a friggin ridiculous decision. Browning had some solid displays and I see a future for him at Everton too. Holgate has to be the future at RB.
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/leighton-baines.77967/page-72#post-4945220

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back