Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

There is a balance though. Between lockdown and professional sports that can't socially distance re-starting. I'm not sure we should even be out of lockdown, never mind be at the stage described.
Germany is in a different place tbf. I'm not really qualified to say when everything should restart, but I feel comfortable saying for football it will be at a point where there is still some risk. Because of that it will mean lots of testing and measures such as staying apart as much as they can on the sidelines just to minimize the risk a bit.

Germany is in a different place tbf. I'm not really qualified to say when everything should restart, but I feel comfortable saying for football it will be at a point where there is still some risk. Because of that it will mean lots of testing and measures such as staying apart as much as they can on the sidelines just to minimize the risk a bit.

There's no doubt there is a point where football should begin. I don't think it should be now, on a day where you are having consecutive days of "officially" 500+ deaths. I also think there's a legitimate question being, if you wish to essentially rip up the rule book and greatly change the game, it would be a lot easier, fairer, more meritocratic for this to be done in a season where everyone starts from scratch, as opposed to part way through a competition.

There's no doubt there is a point where football should begin. I don't think it should be now, on a day where you are having consecutive days of "officially" 500+ deaths. I also think there's a legitimate question being, if you wish to essentially rip up the rule book and greatly change the game, it would be a lot easier, fairer, more meritocratic for this to be done in a season where everyone starts from scratch, as opposed to part way through a competition.
We're talking about Germany here though, where the death toll is under 100 a day on average. They're in a place to try things like this I believe.

26 may is the start for the third division. (Munich 1860,Unterhaching and Bayern münchen 2) That's 3 teams from Munich were they will play? Who nos.I also find it mad that the Bundesliga will start, think all the games are on free TV. Could be trouble ahead. Fans will be at the grounds.

Dortmund Schalke, opening round of games back, surely there will be gatherings of supporters somewhere for that match.

Don't know will I watch, tried watching a bit of psg Dortmund, a good game, but without the fans couldn't be arsed.

I was glad I turned my attentions to events at the rs game instead.

26 may is the start for the third division. (Munich 1860,Unterhaching and Bayern münchen 2) That's 3 teams from Munich were they will play? Who nos.I also find it mad that the Bundesliga will start, think all the games are on free TV. Could be trouble ahead. Fans will be at the grounds.

Don't 1860 and Bayern II both play at the Grunwalder?

I don't like the whole restart thing. Most grounds are in somewhat urban areas, you are still bringing a bunch of people who don't live near the ground into the area.

I was reading one (or some) teams from the Leipzig region asked if they could use the Red Bull Arena for their games but they’ve been rejected as they’re already on a tight schedule and want as much hygiene control as possible.

Do you think the bundesliga will start on saturday

RBL Press Conference

- Missing players: Forsberg (ill), Upamecano (suspension), Sabitzer and Schick are minor doubts. No news on Orban's progress but presume he's out still.
- Long term absentees Konate and Kampl are both fit, Kampl further along and could start, Konate they're not sure whether to risk however Upa is suspended so it's a possibility.
- Nagelsmann on Freiburg: “SCF aren’t a certain prospect. They are really flexible, have good players, defend deep and shut down the spaces. I was pretty annoyed after the defeat in the Hinrunde, because we were slow in our approach.”

Wonder how committed the players will be? Think maybe a few pre season scores. O-0 or 6-5. Even though it's mad to start the footie, I will still watch it on Tele.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back