• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

Anddddd it's official a €15-23m move for Nagelsmann to Bayern this summer till 2025. The fee for that makes him, I think, the joint 2nd most expensive managerial transfer of all time. Whilst he's a bright coach I've never fully seen the hype with him and actually called this move 4 years ago.

The fee for him has offset the COVID losses from last year so win-win all round instead of keeping on an unhappy coach. Search for his successor begins (for about 5 minutes).

Anddddd it's official a €15-23m move for Nagelsmann to Bayern this summer till 2025. The fee for that makes him, I think, the joint 2nd most expensive managerial transfer of all time. Whilst he's a bright coach I've never fully seen the hype with him and actually called this move 4 years ago.

The fee for him has offset the COVID losses from last year so win-win all round instead of keeping on an unhappy coach. Search for his successor begins (for about 5 minutes).

Great another club that is too talented to not be deep in the CL that will play a sleep inducing style.

Ludicrous amount for a manager but exciting times ahead.

Not sure how you can conclude that when today's top football clubs have players that easily exceed that fee for just about anyone in the squad, a coach is arguably as important if not more so than any of the talents in the team

He's a top option, I'm just surprised Bayern were willing to part with that much for a coach but he will likely be there for some time I suspect

Not sure how you can conclude that when today's top football clubs have players that easily exceed that fee for just about anyone in the squad, a coach is arguably as important if not more so than any of the talents in the team

He's a top option, I'm just surprised Bayern were willing to part with that much for a coach but he will likely be there for some time I suspect

How can you say it's not a ludicrous amount for a manager (world record fee) then say you're surprised they'd be willing to spend that much on a coach??????

How can you say it's not a ludicrous amount for a manager (world record fee) then say you're surprised they'd be willing to spend that much on a coach??????

It's ludicrous only for a club like Bayern - when you are the only horse in the Bundesliga race you don't need to pay market price. Else a fee like that in today's game is far from unusual when you are arguably the most in demand young coach in the world that is not named Xavi

He's 33 years old, I mean good grief - he could be their coach for another 3 decades lol

It's ludicrous only for a club like Bayern - when you are the only horse in the Bundesliga race you don't need to pay market price. Else a fee like that in today's game is far from unusual when you are arguably the most in demand young coach in the world that is not named Xavi

He's 33 years old, I mean good grief - he could be their coach for another 3 decades lol

Yeh Joey Barton is 38? They've both won nothing as managers so far.

If you don't think 25m for a manger is ludicrous considering the next highest is Mourinho at 15m then I can't help you.

Yeh Joey Barton is 38? They've both won nothing as managers so far.

If you don't think 25m for a manger is ludicrous considering the next highest is Mourinho at 15m then I can't help you.

If you can't appreciate how crucial a coach is to a winning club that generates millions in a billion dollar business with a squad built from hundreds of millions then no, you cannot

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back