• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

Always makes me laugh.

EuYDBwRWQAI-cas.jpeg

Turkish football fans are absolute nutjobs. Alexander Sorloth, who came from Tranzonspor, has been recently linked with a loan/sale back to the club. Today he's had to post asking them to stop harrassing him about it. This week he got over 3 million messages on 1 Instagram post this week! They've now got his phone number and keep ringing/messaging him too.

Last edited:

RBL Transfer News

- Seems long-term target Patson Daka is moving to Leicester City instead of RBL. That'll be the second striker lost between Salzburg and Leipzig (Haaland the first) and not sure the Red Bull heirarchy will be pleased but it's the player's decision at the end of the day - the extra €10m fee on top can't hurt either. No rumours really hotting up for any striker though which is a little worrying.
- Club have had second bid knocked back for Wolfsburg CB Maxence Lacroix (21) with the first being €20m and the second being just a little more than that. Wolfsburg's Managing Director Schmadtke has said they were "not in line with with the market". Club want €35m which is achievable but as the player has asked to leave I can't see them paying that much. With Orban, Gvardiol, Simakan & Klostermann at the club already I don't really understand why they're going so hard for him. Amos Pieper (Bielefeld) and Kristoffer Ajer (Celtic) are alternatives.
- Several interviews with new forward Brian Brobbey in the Dutch media and I can't honestly see him lasting even a full season. He doesn't come across as the brightest of kids but manipulated - obviously - by the shark that is Mino Raiola. Still a possibility they sell him back to Ajax.
- Sorloth's constant links to Turkey continue but apparently Marsch wants to see him for the first 2 weeks of training before deciding on what to do with him.
- Justin Kluivert's loan expires in a couple of weeks and despite a €13m fee to sign him it seems the club don't want to follow through with it which is understandable after a meh season.
- Keeping with Roma the club are heavily linked with Cengiz Under (recently on loan at Leicester) but can't see that being even remotely sensible.
- RBL battling with Bayern and Dortmund for highly rated Hoffenheim youngster Tom Bischoff (15).

Apart from the Lacroix bids it's extremely quiet on the transfer front - in part due to all the early work - but once the players are back in training on the 5th July I'm sure more will surface as to who needs to leave/come in. Squad still has some glaring holes to fill in.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back