• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

Is your league inside Jan - December? Genuinely never even noticed.

Looks a strong attacking mid and glad he came here instead of Salzburg who it seems don't like selling players to Germany anymore. Not sure what this spells for Aaronson's future though.
I think it is more like March to December. Something like that. All I know is they try to put playoff games on at the same time as NFL games so only the committed MLS people watch.

2021/2022 SEASON PREVIEW

OVERVIEW

We're back again with the 3rd edition of Energy Drink FC season previews with pre-season officially starting this Saturday with available players arriving for performance tests. It's been little over a month since the 2020/21 season ended but already there's been a boat load of changes at the East German club both on and off the pitch. It was always going to be a difficult season after losing Werner but it started brightly in the league and also escpaing a tough CL group stage. However, after the turn of the year, rumours about exits for players and managers seemed to destabilise all the built up momentum with their form dropping off a cliff leading to a failed title charge, getting smacked about in the cup final & being dumped out of the CL Round of 16 stage by a very poor Liverpool side. Since then? Well the Sporting Director Markus Krosche has been sacked, Bayern have spent a ludicrous amount of money to sign Julian Nagelsmann, the club have lost 2 promising central defenders to release clauses and Red Bull favourite Jesse Marsch has taken over. The position of Sporting Director (part of a 3 man team) remains unmanned with club CEO Mintzlaff stepping in in the mean time to assist ChristopherVivell and Florian Schulz whilst the search continues. I had hoped Papa Ralf might return but seems he's off, randomly, to Russia.

TRANSFERS

Despite a lack of Sporting Director (or DoF to English sides) it hasn't stopped the club being fairly active in the transfer market this Summer on top of some stellar pre-planning done last year (on top of returning injured players). As always the club will only sign young players with the potential to be sold on for profit one day which has worked out well so far as they're financially very healthy in terms of FFP each year. So far the changes are...​

DEPARTURES​
CLUB​
ARRIVALS​
CLUB​
£40m UpamecanoBayern Munich£16m GvardiolDinamo Zagreb
£36m KonateLiverpool£16m AngelinoMan City
£20m NagelsmannBayern Munich£13m SimakanStrasbourg
£9m WolfGladbach£13m HenrichsAS Monaco
LOAN CandidoRed Bull Bragantino£1.5m ClarkNY Red Bulls
LOAN ClarkNY Red BullsFREE BrobbeyAjax
LOAN HartmannSC Paderborn
= ~£108m= ~£60m

That's 1 main central defender sold, 1 would-be-main central defender if he could stay fit, a very immature attacking midfielder and a fairly overrated manager out of the door. There are ongoing links to the sale/loan of Sabitzer, Halstenberg, Lookman, Saracchi, Sorloth, Hwang, Mvogo and Samardzic of which none would really be hard to replace in the current squad. The club are fairly flush with cash this Summer and are increasingly likely to spend large on a forward and a central defender: seemingly Frankfurt's Andre Silva and Wolfsburg's Maxence Lacroix respectively. I would say the club surely need another body at left full-back unless they envisage Gvardiol covering multiple positions.

Due to the change in manager it seems there's a strong chance the club will convert away from Nagelsmann's preferred 3-4-3 formation and back to the more Red Bull groups favoured 4-2-2-2 but until the pre-season friendlies roll round no one really knows.​

lineup.webp

PRE-SEASON

Training officially starts Monday for the players that aren't at the Euros or those on an extended/late break before the squad goes back to Saalfelden (Austria) for a training cramp from July 25th to August 1st. So far there are only two confirmed friendlies and those are against AZ Alkmaar (17th July) and Montpellier (23rd July) with the first round of the cup being early on between 6th-9th August. I don't know if there will be more friendlies arranged or the club are keeping the number down due to a hectic Summer with lots of players on international duty.​

2021/2022 SEASON PREVIEW

OVERVIEW

We're back again with the 3rd edition of Energy Drink FC season previews with pre-season officially starting this Saturday with available players arriving for performance tests. It's been little over a month since the 2020/21 season ended but already there's been a boat load of changes at the East German club both on and off the pitch. It was always going to be a difficult season after losing Werner but it started brightly in the league and also escpaing a tough CL group stage. However, after the turn of the year, rumours about exits for players and managers seemed to destabilise all the built up momentum with their form dropping off a cliff leading to a failed title charge, getting smacked about in the cup final & being dumped out of the CL Round of 16 stage by a very poor Liverpool side. Since then? Well the Sporting Director Markus Krosche has been sacked, Bayern have spent a ludicrous amount of money to sign Julian Nagelsmann, the club have lost 2 promising central defenders to release clauses and Red Bull favourite Jesse Marsch has taken over. The position of Sporting Director (part of a 3 man team) remains unmanned with club CEO Mintzlaff stepping in in the mean time to assist ChristopherVivell and Florian Schulz whilst the search continues. I had hoped Papa Ralf might return but seems he's off, randomly, to Russia.

TRANSFERS

Despite a lack of Sporting Director (or DoF to English sides) it hasn't stopped the club being fairly active in the transfer market this Summer on top of some stellar pre-planning done last year (on top of returning injured players). As always the club will only sign young players with the potential to be sold on for profit one day which has worked out well so far as they're financially very healthy in terms of FFP each year. So far the changes are...​

DEPARTURES​
CLUB​
ARRIVALS​
CLUB​
£40m UpamecanoBayern Munich£16m GvardiolDinamo Zagreb
£36m KonateLiverpool£16m AngelinoMan City
£20m NagelsmannBayern Munich£13m SimakanStrasbourg
£9m WolfGladbach£13m HenrichsAS Monaco
LOAN CandidoRed Bull Bragantino£1.5m ClarkNY Red Bulls
LOAN ClarkNY Red BullsFREE BrobbeyAjax
LOAN HartmannSC Paderborn
= ~£108m= ~£60m

That's 1 main central defender sold, 1 would-be-main central defender if he could stay fit, a very immature attacking midfielder and a fairly overrated manager out of the door. There are ongoing links to the sale/loan of Sabitzer, Halstenberg, Lookman, Saracchi, Sorloth, Hwang, Mvogo and Samardzic of which none would really be hard to replace in the current squad. The club are fairly flush with cash this Summer and are increasingly likely to spend large on a forward and a central defender: seemingly Frankfurt's Andre Silva and Wolfsburg's Maxence Lacroix respectively. I would say the club surely need another body at left full-back unless they envisage Gvardiol covering multiple positions.

Due to the change in manager it seems there's a strong chance the club will convert away from Nagelsmann's preferred 3-4-3 formation and back to the more Red Bull groups favoured 4-2-2-2 but until the pre-season friendlies roll round no one really knows.​

View attachment 132108

PRE-SEASON

Training officially starts Monday for the players that aren't at the Euros or those on an extended/late break before the squad goes back to Saalfelden (Austria) for a training cramp from July 25th to August 1st. So far there are only two confirmed friendlies and those are against AZ Alkmaar (17th July) and Montpellier (23rd July) with the first round of the cup being early on between 6th-9th August. I don't know if there will be more friendlies arranged or the club are keeping the number down due to a hectic Summer with lots of players on international duty.​
I didn't realize Konate went to the RS ffs. Why couldn't they buy Upamegarbo...

All roads lead to this being announced today/tomorrow. Whilst his Bundesliga record is stellar and the fee isn't too high (€23m) there's just something about him I'm not too convinced on whenever I've seen him play. Don't really think he has the speed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back