Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

I'm not saying he's better than Mbappe now. I'm saying Håland now is better than Mbappe two years ago, when he was 19. I wouldn't dream of saying he's better than Ronaldo at his peak. I wouldn't rule out it happening yet either fwiw but at 19 they might be close.

If the lad does it next season then im gonna be impressed. I watched Jelavic and Amir Zaki do it over a small period and im not falling for it again.

Ok well give me a number and I'll come back then.

Also you left out the 45 minutes from yesterday where he was freaking awesome again.

102 mins league
Let's say you watched both the Salzburg vs Liverpool games (you wouldn't bother to watch Salzburg vs anyone else) which was 109 mins and 1 goal
45 mins in a German Cup against the worst top flight German team and 1 goal.

How you can sit there with a straight face and suggest he's the best 19-year old football ever based on such little viewing makes me wonder if you're not secretly just a rugby fan.

102 mins league
Let's say you watched both the Salzburg vs Liverpool games (you wouldn't bother to watch Salzburg vs anyone else) which was 109 mins and 1 goal
45 mins in a German Cup against the worst top flight German team and 1 goal.

How you can sit there with a straight face and suggest he's the best 19-year old football ever based on such little viewing makes me wonder if you're not secretly just a rugby fan.
I watched Salzburg vs Napoli thank you very much.

I'm very open to names I've missed but so far all you produced were 3 names who I admit are in the running and then a "a bunch of other guys" comment.

So, who have I not seen?

@TheBigIguana

Honestly, how is Haaland better at football at 19 than these...

Hell, even:

I think you are much more impressed by dribblers, which Håland isn't even bad at, than I am. I like skill, but I like ruthless effectiveness more. Mbappe doing a bunch of step overs and laying it off to players in midfield does nothing for me.

All these guys are in the conversation, Sancho is I think overlooked, but I'll stick to my guns. Especially as I myself didn't see a young Ronaldo of either version.

I think you are much more impressed by dribblers, which Håland isn't even bad at, than I am. I like skill, but I like ruthless effectiveness more. Mbappe doing a bunch of step overs and laying it off to players in midfield does nothing for me.

All these guys are in the conversation, Sancho is I think overlooked, but I'll stick to my guns. Especially as I myself didn't see a young Ronaldo of either version.

I'd even add Havertz and Joao Felix in at 19. I don't really care about dribbling as I'm a defensive fan. I just look at the whole picture and not just goals which you notoriously look at. Stat junkie at your finest.

I'd even add Havertz and Joao Felix in at 19. I don't really care about dribbling as I'm a defensive fan. I just look at the whole picture and not just goals which you notoriously look at. Stat junkie at your finest.
Joao Felix who has been entirely ineffective this season? Now you're just being silly.

Liking footballers who score goals feels like something people did way before stats were a thing. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

Joao Felix who has been entirely ineffective this season? Now you're just being silly.

Liking footballers who score goals feels like something people did way before stats were a thing. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

You said at 19. That was last season.

Goals are fine, staring solely at goals isn't fine. Alas, we shall leave it here as this is nothing RBL related and no one but you holds this opinion you special yank snowflake.

You said at 19. That was last season.

Goals are fine, staring solely at goals isn't fine. Alas, we shall leave it here as this is nothing RBL related and no one but you holds this opinion you special yank snowflake.
Crap, I wasn't even paying attention and thought this was the Håland thread.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back