Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

I think next weekend's reported Bundesliga re-start is definitely a no go now. Teams were hoping to return to full training next week and all players have been tested and already so far Koln have had 3 tested positive and sent home for 2 weeks isolation.

Really don't understand how any league hopes to get back into it - also ignoring the fact no player has done proper training for weeks and weeks. The level of play and probability of injury must be a concern.

Club are awaiting the test results from yesterday's round of tests before the resumption of full team training. Possibility most of the first team squad will live on the training site as they have rooms there before matches in future.

Club also definitely keen on strengthening the LB/LWB position and have been today linked with Porto's Alex Telles if they can't secure Angelino. Can't see it myself as he'd be very expensive and Mintzlaff has already suggested any transfer will have to definitely be under £10m.

RBL Covid News

As reported all over the media it has been deemed safe enough in Germany to allow the 1st and 2nd division to resume in the latter part of May (either weekend commencing 15th or 22nd) and all games will be behind closed doors. Clubs are likely expected to create a sort of training ground/hotel living arrangement for this period of time. Possibly require 2 weeks of full team training (1 week quarantine) before the resumption so I personally can't see the league starting before the 22nd May.

Not quite sure how it will work for the remaining 9 games of the season in terms of scheduling and whether the players will have to completely isolate between home-training-matches as they're being tested regularly (maybe more than once per week) just to protect the rest of the population. Things in Germany are slowly back to normal with shops re-opening next week, schools later on in the month etc. so this will be a case of seeing whether any of this causes a second wave of the virus.

I can imagine if the re-start goes ahead smoothly the bosses of the PL etc. will be rubbing their hands together.

Below is the draft schedule reported but will need a further reshuffle if games don't start on May 16th. They want the season completed by end of June.

1588772415645.png

The funniest part of all this is that despite the resumption of a contact sport players and coaches will still need to social distance on the benches - slight irony really lol

Googel Translated quotes from RB Chief Mintzlaff: "We should get back to the game as soon as possible," says the managing director of RB. "There is no reason to wait any longer. We did our homework. We should start on May 15th and I don't think there will be a big discussion. We have to minimize the damage we have done as quickly as possible. ”

Obviously hard to tell through translation but wonder if he's referring to damage as the loss of earnings due to the break or damage as in the break to the championship itself?

Great news the Bundesliga is back.

This can only be done, however, in advanced nations who have proven they are on top of the virus. The PL must remain closed because the UK does not fulfil that criteria.

lol

Just read that despite all first and second division clubs being tested twice now not a single referee/linesman etc. has been tested and they still don't know how to handle the VAR rooms properly. Honestly couldn't make this stuff up now.

First game back after the COVID break confirmed as a home fixture vs Freiburg @ 2.30pm on May 16th. Unsure on whether this will be on BT yet but I suspect so.

Games of MD26:

Saturday, May 16, 2:30 p.m.

Borussia Dortmund - Schalke 04
RB Leipzig - SC Freiburg
TSG Hoffenheim - Hertha BSC
Fortuna Dusseldorf - SC Paderborn
FC Augsburg - VfL Wolfsburg

Saturday, May 16, 5:30 p.m.
Eintracht Frankfurt - Borussia Mönchengladbach

Sunday, May 17 , 2.30pm
1. FC Köln - FSV Mainz 05

Sunday, May 17th, 5pm
Union Berlin - Bayern Munich

Monday, May 18th, 7.30pm
Werder Bremen - Bayer Leverkusen

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back