Recipes, kitchen tips and tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
21, y'all. That's not my age. (dang...)
Sho'nuff.
171758236_4135121066519324_6333920875372746968_n.jpg

Recipe or GTFO :p

Tasty, I love soups. Maybe later this summer I can make such a soup from carrots from my garden. Right now the seedlings are starting to come out but I have lots of thyme already and lots of mint too.

I tweaked the recipe, omitted the basil, garlic, ground almonds and milk ; used a bay leaf, chicken stock and potatoes for thickening.

I tweaked the recipe, omitted the basil, garlic, ground almonds and milk ; used a bay leaf, chicken stock and potatoes for thickening.

Thanks! Just out of curiosity, why in the heck would you omit basil and garlic such yummy ingredients?

I picked up a new set of knives by the direct-to-consumer company "Made In". They make good stuff and not-so-outrageous prices. Worth a look if you're looking for new cookware, etc.
Thanks for sharing this info. I wish I had known about these knives before my birthday but will keep this company in mind for other cookware. Are you happy with your new set of knives? I loved mine but after a couple of weeks I can see they are not as sharp as when they first arrived so this weekend I may try to sharpen them for the first time.

Thanks for sharing this info. I wish I had known about these knives before my birthday but will keep this company in mind for other cookware. Are you happy with your new set of knives? I loved mine but after a couple of weeks I can see they are not as sharp as when they first arrived so this weekend I may try to sharpen them for the first time.
So far so good, but they just arrived like two days ago, so I can't speak to how well they'll hold up. The quality is quite high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back