Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know which is worse?
1) It's Out right corruption.
or
2) It's outright incompetence...aided and abetted by the 'prematch standing orders, guidance' and 'rules of engagement' that the Reffs work under

And who sets these 'Rules ?? and who pays the Reffs.
A big case of 'He who pays the Piper - calls the tune' here.

There's a reason no PL Reff went to the world cup, even the tossers at FIFA can see them for what they are.

I don’t like to be kopite-esque and complain indignantly about anything and everything, but there’s no question that had Allan been a Liverpool player committing a fairy innocuous foul in the opposition half at Anfield… he would have got a yellow card at worst.

Is that corruption or is it unconscious bias? I’m not sure, but the fact that we’ve been awarded just one penalty all season says it all.

I don’t like to be kopite-esque and complain indignantly about anything and everything, but there’s no question that had Allan been a Liverpool player committing a fairy innocuous foul in the opposition half at Anfield… he would have got a yellow card at worst.

Is that corruption or is it unconscious bias? I’m not sure, but the fact that we’ve been awarded just one penalty all season says it all.
I am looking into the area of " unconscious bias" for another reason. Its 100% there in all walks of life. I watched Utd v Athletico the other night. I couldnt care less who won. But i cheered when Madrid scored. No idea until then.
Perhaps this fella rang up Pawson/Atwell thevnight beforehand?
Screenshot_20220319-182656_Chrome.jpg

Well exactly - it isn't rocket science to work out which teams are the most popular and therefore will always tend to have supporters amongst the referees.

And if, for example, Liverpool are popular, that makes Everton's hopes of getting a fair shot in a 50-50 situation so much harder.

There's no doubt in my mind these refs have a bad game, get booed and criticised by a fanbase, players and managers and then come the next time they ref that team, hold a grudge.

This all stems from the top and Riley was one of the worst against us. That time when we were fighting for Europe last day of the season against Man Utd, Weir is just standing behind Van Nistelroy who just flops to the floor. Riley couldn't wait to give them a pen.

You've got one of the worst referees in modern history.......overseeing the current referees.

Everton 'red card decision' VAR ask the ref to have a look. Blatant handball by Man City player, VAR don't ask ref to have a look. All I ask for is consistency.
You could say that if it was just that decision, when you look at the crime list it becomes clear there is certainly, without a shadow of doubt, an agenda by The PL and the FA PGMOL against Everton FC.

We were the club most vocal about the Super League debacle, coincidence? Only club falling foul of FFP?

17th March, Newcastle - Allan Red is absolutely corrupt, to uphold it aswell shows just how blatant. Gordon Pen, we`ve seen pens given against us for much much less. No bookings for any Newcastle players despite bookable fouls, ref waved play on many times and never went back to book. Cant remember the defender but smashed Richy off the ball, absolutely nothing.... Yesterday we saw 2 challenges by Mings and Cash in the Villa game, what happened to them? One got a yellow when given the Allan challenge should both have been Red.

13th March, Wolves - JJK 2 bookings for 2 challenges, Coady `got away` with 3 bookable challenges before picking up 1st yellow and their only yellow of the game. Coady 1st challenge on Richy a `tactical foul` and should have been booked.

26th February, Man City - That handball, absolutely as clear as day. Mike Riley from the PGMOL phoned Kenwright and Lampard to apologise. Yet did anyone see the penalty City got against Wolves where it hit Moutinho`s armpit and not below the sleeve line they bang on about, yet it was awarded.

19th February, Southampton - Allan booked for 1st challenge which IMO wasnt a yellow. Certainly no worse than Coadys challenge on Richy that went completely unpunished. Then another handball, the ball was played in to the box and Romeu blocked it with his hand to stop the ball going in. It has tarvelled 15-20 yards and the hand goes towards the ball, baltant penalty.

8th February, Newcastle - Shelvey challenge, these are exactly the tackles they want to outlaw and deemed the worst. Two footed scissor from behind out of control with force taking both legs. Horrific challenge yet only a yellow....

22nd January, Aston Villa - Clear handball by Buendia to tip it off the head of Keane, not even checked but his hand was fully outstaretched above his head.

Thats just 6 of our last 9 games, we`ve been absolutely stitched up by corrupt organisations

You could say that if it was just that decision, when you look at the crime list it becomes clear there is certainly, without a shadow of doubt, an agenda by The PL and the FA PGMOL against Everton FC.

We were the club most vocal about the Super League debacle, coincidence? Only club falling foul of FFP?

17th March, Newcastle - Allan Red is absolutely corrupt, to uphold it aswell shows just how blatant. Gordon Pen, we`ve seen pens given against us for much much less. No bookings for any Newcastle players despite bookable fouls, ref waved play on many times and never went back to book. Cant remember the defender but smashed Richy off the ball, absolutely nothing.... Yesterday we saw 2 challenges by Mings and Cash in the Villa game, what happened to them? One got a yellow when given the Allan challenge should both have been Red.

13th March, Wolves - JJK 2 bookings for 2 challenges, Coady `got away` with 3 bookable challenges before picking up 1st yellow and their only yellow of the game. Coady 1st challenge on Richy a `tactical foul` and should have been booked.

26th February, Man City - That handball, absolutely as clear as day. Mike Riley from the PGMOL phoned Kenwright and Lampard to apologise. Yet did anyone see the penalty City got against Wolves where it hit Moutinho`s armpit and not below the sleeve line they bang on about, yet it was awarded.

19th February, Southampton - Allan booked for 1st challenge which IMO wasnt a yellow. Certainly no worse than Coadys challenge on Richy that went completely unpunished. Then another handball, the ball was played in to the box and Romeu blocked it with his hand to stop the ball going in. It has tarvelled 15-20 yards and the hand goes towards the ball, baltant penalty.

8th February, Newcastle - Shelvey challenge, these are exactly the tackles they want to outlaw and deemed the worst. Two footed scissor from behind out of control with force taking both legs. Horrific challenge yet only a yellow....

22nd January, Aston Villa - Clear handball by Buendia to tip it off the head of Keane, not even checked but his hand was fully outstaretched above his head.

Thats just 6 of our last 9 games, we`ve been absolutely stitched up by corrupt organisations
Whooooa, tin hat stuff here. These things even themselves out, to provide balance, I have provided a comprehensive list of the times we have benefitted from these crap decisions,
Here goes:

See, all square, nothing to see here, move on.

There's no doubt in my mind these refs have a bad game, get booed and criticised by a fanbase, players and managers and then come the next time they ref that team, hold a grudge.

This all stems from the top and Riley was one of the worst against us. That time when we were fighting for Europe last day of the season against Man Utd, Weir is just standing behind Van Nistelroy who just flops to the floor. Riley couldn't wait to give them a pen.

You've got one of the worst referees in modern history.......overseeing the current referees.
100% this!!!

VAR wouldn't go that far back on handballs.

Yeah unfortunately. Its 26 seconds between the handball and the goal, plus we cleared it up to their defenders twice before Zaha gets away down the left, no way VAR ever goes back for that.

The worse thing for me is the assistant would have been about 5-6 yards inside the palace half looking straight down the line at it with no player in the way and no need to be looking across the line so no excuse to not see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.