Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

In what world is that a red card

Shelvey on Gordon was FAR worse

Screenshot_20220318-091602_Chrome.jpg

It is a very soft red.

But they will freeze the frame and for a split second Allan has both feet off the ground.
They wont overturn this.

They’re not anti-Everton, either. That gives them too much credit.

It’s not corruption, it’s incompetence.

And in a game that is worth the money it’s worth, and with the global audience it has, and with referees being professionals paid well to do the job there really is no excuse and the incompetence is maybe worse than if it was corrupt.

View attachment 159484
It is a very soft red.

But they will freeze the frame and for a split second Allan has both feet off the ground.
They wont overturn this.

This is it for me and why conspiracy is actually being discussed, the comment from the commentaror summed up the situation for me. For 2 minutes both were 100% adamant that is was only a yellow and then 'Well, if you look at it in slow motion it looks worse', of course it does that is what slow motion generally does. If you slap somebody fairly softly, it doesn't look that but if you slow it down and see the jaw wobble, etc. then it looks as though they have been hit quite hard.

Once again, they found ways to send him off last night. It was as if they were chatting and going, 'Nope, we can't justify sending him off from that angle, how about another angle, ah crap, well how about we slow it down, it is still not conclusive, let us freeze the frame out of complete context to the situation, bingo got it. Hey Craig, you can go over and pretend to deliberate at the screen now, we got the [Poor language removed]'.

The fact that VAR didn’t look at the body check on Coleman in the box about 45 seconds to a minute before the Allan incident summed it up, any other team likely gets that and the later on on Gordon

It’s now the 3rd time in 4 league games that VAR have done us over for a decision, it’s beyond a joke and Frank Lampard had every right to call it out again post match

It’s a long list of bad calls against us since it’s been in, think back to Brighton getting a penalty for Michael Keane having his foot tread on, the Tottenham handball, the United goal that got Ancelotti a post match red card etc

The fact that VAR didn’t look at the body check on Coleman in the box about 45 seconds to a minute before the Allan incident summed it up, any other team likely gets that and the later on on Gordon

It’s now the 3rd time in 4 league games that VAR have done us over for a decision, it’s beyond a joke and Frank Lampard had every right to call it out again post match

It’s a long list of bad calls against us since it’s been in, think back to Brighton getting a penalty for Michael Keane having his foot tread on, the Tottenham handball, the United goal that got Ancelotti a post match red card etc

That was 100% not a pen. Coleman ran into him. Neither was Gordon’s.

It's addressed in the opening. The referees are all rotating through.
They are being dumbed down, because they know a decision they make on the field will be reviewed. So there's not as much pressure or understanding of the game to get it correct.

Last night wasn't a clear and obvious error, it's been done to death why.
City penalty was an obvious error. But because it's another dumbed down referee, they can't make the call.

if they want to bring in technology, fine. But keep it black and white - ball over the line and offside (although I hate it).
But when VAR is being reviewed for another subjective opinion. Then that defeats the purpose it was designed for.

"Hey mate, I'm not sure you made the right call. Why don't you have another look".
How the hell is that the intended purpose of the VAR. If the second person can't make the call to overturn it, how is it clear and obvious?

What seems to be everytime is when a ref goes to VAR the original decision is getting changed. Its never oh im ok with what i just gave. Its, ive come to VAR. I NOW have to change it.

I think this deserves its own thread because it’s getting beyond a joke now. This season in particular I’ve noticed things start to veer away from incompetence and into the realms of suspicious.

Last night was the most overtly bent display of refereeing I’ve seen in an Everton game since... well, since Chris Kavanagh the other week. And erm... whoever the clown shoes team on the VAR was against Southampton. I’m not normally a refereeing conspiracy theorist, but since the introduction of VAR I’m becoming more and more suspicious that there’s some sort of, how should I put it. “Special operation” going on to actually relegate us. Is it possible for an independent body to investigate what’s going on behind the scenes here as I feel like the Premier League and the referees association absolutely stink to high heaven.
You're right mate, it's naive of people to dismiss the high levels of corruption in the prem, Joe hart's career fell off a cliff due to a criminal investigation into him around match fixing, Italy 1st and 2nd division completely exposed for corruption albeit some years ago now, senior figures in FIFA arrested and prosecuted, point being it absolutely happens and always has been happening.

If nothing nefarious goes on then refs, var, 4th officials etc would be mic'd up publicly just the same as rugby.

May sound a bit out there now but one question no one asked regarding the man City handball - why did Rodri actually do that? Under no pressure at all, surrounded by team mates, ball not out of control, the no hand ball decision was unbelievable but equally I find it so bizarre the player did that...

What seems to be everytime is when a ref goes to VAR the original decision is getting changed. Its never oh im ok with what i just gave. Its, ive come to VAR. I NOW have to change it.
Maybe it's something to do with the big fat wages they get that won't go against the status quo. I agree with some on here that if the VAR can't make a decision then the ref sticks with his original decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.