Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said on the incandescent thread, the decisions we have had going against us this season are way more than incompetence, it's more and more blatant how corrupt it all is.

We were probably the most vocal and high profile club in condemning the scab 6 and the euro super League - we can the uspetting the prems main revenue earners (as they see it) by having a go at the shitbags, so they want us out the league, and will use the refs and var to facilitate it.

All we want is a fair crack of the whip and consistency of decisions in all games, no matter whos playing.

There is zero consistency with on field decisions and the use of var - it all comes down to the colour of the club shirt, badge and clearly the colour of money now - it's all bent, no other explanation.

We ruined their plan last night by hitting that late winner - they thought we would collapse and our heads would go.

Guarantee we will get more bad calls this season, with half hearted meaningless apologies thrown in afterwards.

The league has not been particularly kind to us this season...between very suspicious game suspensions in December where we would have play depleted sides in Newcastle and Leicester and so potentially would have been 6 points better off, to incredible var decisions that cost us points and a crazy pile up of fixtures in April with very little rest in between when we are fighting for our life. Hopefully they don't have an agenda again us...

I’m convinced that the premier league actually want us relegated this season. As has been mentioned before the premier league is just like the WWE, they want the entertainment and the storylines to keep people interested. They love the man city Liverpool title race, which now seems to be every year, the race for 4th, Europe etc. Relegation of a club like Everton would be a massive story, been in top flight for 70 years, 1 of only 6 clubs never to be relegated from premier league and they would be able to state how it’s the ‘best league in the world’. Absolute corrupt joke of a league.

Apologies if I'm misinterpreting this, but you make it sound like rugby is a collaborative effort.

Football isn't. It's two different viewpoints, which don't seem to align.

Which is the point I was trying to make, maybe it didn't come across.

Yeah, I suppose that is the general gist but at the end of the day there is only one man that makes the decision, same as football. Plus, we don't know the collaboration in football as we cannot here the discussion, I do, however, agree with you that there seems to be a definite distinction between the people involved in the process.

I am definitely for VAR but I don't trust football people to use it fairly. It was actually better when it was just our opinion on the refs but now it is out there in the open that these people are either the most incompetent people paid to do a job ever or they are corrupt.

For me, the amount of added time was absolutely a sign of collusion or corruption, with 5/6 mins for the ‘big bolt cutter’ incident and maybe 3 for the red card, where did the other 5 of the original 14 come from? Then another 3 on top of the 14! Was Mike Dean responsible for deciding the added time?

Old Mother Riley and his PGMOL cronies know that the horse punchers will be a big part of Sly Sports over the coming years and did everything they could last night to let them win or salvage a point.

If ‘Hendo-lar’ would’ve done that tackle, the red media pundits would’ve been gushing and saying how clever he was to stop his man and take a yellow for the team. Frank mustn’t stop his criticism and needs to keep calling them out, week in, week out.

Updated:

Rodri handball at Goodison - stonewall pen not given

Rondon pen against Brentford not even looked at

Allan yellow upgraded to red against Newcastle at Goodison

Shelvey wiping out Gordon in a scissor action from behind at St James

Richarlison two disallowed goals against Arsenal, one of which was never clear or obviously offside, looked level

Burnley at Goodison with licence to injure our whole team without consequence

Richarlison penalty given against Spurs - play stopped whilst he was on the ball and
Lloris on the deck - decision overturned when wasn’t clear or obviously not a pen and we lose dangerous possession too!

Said this for a while, well done Mike for making a thread, when var was introduced, it was said it was for refereeing mistakes and to help refs with their decision making. Now let's be honest, big clubs have always got the big decisions against the not so big clubs, refs have always "done their duty", because the public outcry against these refs from the media is unbelievable. When var was introduced i was immediately cynical about it, I said at the time it would be another tier of defence for our big teams and it has proved thus.
Always believed home teams get more decisions due to a hostile home crowd, but I seriously can not remember a homer referee for us, think Dele against spurs last season, jumped up in the box deliberate and clear handball, hand well above his head, no pen. Red card for Son rescinded a horrendous challenge, that led to a horrendous injury to Gomes, by a clearly angry and vengeful Son. This year we had Tarkowski absolute assault on Richarlison, went right through him, not even a booking, Burnley kicked us off the park that day. Shelvey, clearly angry, assault on Gordon, definite sending off, but no it's Everton. Then we have had at least three clear pens turned down by ref / var a goal from Richarlison overturned that was not off side. Two debatable sending off in our last two home games, that in itself is unthinkable to almost any other side. Refereeing in this Country is reaching the Italian level of corruption in the seventies and eighties and var is helping it along even more.
The only way forward is to scrap var all together and use foreign refs, both ideas of course would be turned down out of hand. Sickened by it all now it seems every game we play, we will be cheated out of in some way or form. Fans need to start a movement of getting var out of Football.

Sickened by it all now it seems every game we play, we will be cheated out of in some way or form. Fans need to start a movement of getting var out of Football.
Or get rid of the 'big' Sly Six altogether, and let them run off to form their Euro-Circus, a form of entertainment with no relegation and only a couple of home games a year, as most matches would be played in Asia, Africa or USA etc. the tele clappers would love it!

Maybe we'd then see a fairer, more competitive domestic league?

Or get rid of the 'big' Sly Six altogether, and let them run off to form their Euro-Circus, a form of entertainment with no relegation and only a couple of home games a year, as most matches would be played in Asia, Africa or USA etc. Tele clapper would love it!

Maybe we'd then see a fairer, more competitive domestic league?

Love to see that, good riddance I'd say. Don't care how much money our new league would lose, we might well get our football back and so what the star players would leave, if it made the game fairer, more competitive in then I'm all for it.

I think this deserves its own thread because it’s getting beyond a joke now. This season in particular I’ve noticed things start to veer away from incompetence and into the realms of suspicious.

Last night was the most overtly bent display of refereeing I’ve seen in an Everton game since... well, since Chris Kavanagh the other week. And erm... whoever the clown shoes team on the VAR was against Southampton. I’m not normally a refereeing conspiracy theorist, but since the introduction of VAR I’m becoming more and more suspicious that there’s some sort of, how should I put it. “Special operation” going on to actually relegate us. Is it possible for an independent body to investigate what’s going on behind the scenes here as I feel like the Premier League and the referees association absolutely stink to high heaven.
Not just us. Refs are abysmal in this country and screw everybody over at some point. It's made worse by the fact we've been absolutely turd this season, so the little moments become season defining. In reality, the refs and, more disappointingly VAR, seem to consistently get the basic decisions wrong.

That said, 17 minutes injury time?????

For me, the amount of added time was absolutely a sign of collusion or corruption, with 5/6 mins for the ‘big bolt cutter’ incident and maybe 3 for the red card, where did the other 5 of the original 14 come from? Then another 3 on top of the 14! Was Mike Dean responsible for deciding the added time?

Old Mother Riley and his PGMOL cronies know that the horse punchers will be a big part of Sly Sports over the coming years and did everything they could last night to let them win or salvage a point.

If ‘Hendo-lar’ would’ve done that tackle, the red media pundits would’ve been gushing and saying how clever he was to stop his man and take a yellow for the team. Frank mustn’t stop his criticism and needs to keep calling them out, week in, week out.
Nah, the STOP OIL thing took 10+ minutes. I was watching on TV, really weird how long that took to sort out.

It's abso dogsh**e training and preparation for refs imho. They favour big teams near the top of the table and not those down the bottom, both on the pitch and in the VAR room.

Lot of very quick fixes to VAR that I can see but the officiating bodies are so far up their own arse that they think they don't need to listen.

Disgraceful

Nah, the STOP OIL thing took 10+ minutes. I was watching on TV, really weird how long that took to sort out.
Pretty funny. Not a sharp object in the ground. All it takes is a flick knife and a cock of the wrist. Instead a blunt set of bolt cutters and ten minutes of piddling around

Status
Not open for further replies.