Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe in any conspiracy theories, I believe there is a rational explanation for everything that happens. There is no big Sky conspiracy involving referees to ensure the top six get given the benefit of the doubt or even worse against the rest of the league. It is simply that these referees are just very poor at their jobs. The foul on Richy today wasn't committed by a top six team, it wasn't given because the referee is just incompetent.
They do give the top teams things they don't give others and they are reluctant to punish them, not because of a conspiracy but because it is easier for them to act in that way. Think of the scrutiny they would come under if they started administering the rules properly, think of the backlash from the pundits who generally come from those top six clubs. There is no refereeing conspiracy but there is refereeing incompetence and cowardice.
I'm not sure if I don't fully understand what you are saying, but in the first paragraph you say you don't believe in the conspiracy that the refs are having the top clubs and it boils down to incompetence. The second paragraph you start off by saying they give the top teams things they don't give others, not because of conspiracy but that it is easier for them to act that way.

absolutely comical - I think they are actually trolling us at this point.

It’s like they are seeing how far they can push taking the piss, and getting away with it.

So it was a pen as var wouldn’t have overruled Oliver if he would have gave it, but they decided they didn’t want to make him look stupid so they say it wasn’t clear and obvious!?

It’s just a complete load of bollocks - it’s corrupt plain and simple.

We need a bigger flag….

View attachment 165737

I'm bored so I'm going through our season to highlight the poor decisions we've received

Leeds Away - we are awarded a clear penalty for a pull on DCL as he tries to score from close range. For some reason its not deemed a denial of a goalscoring opportunity and the Leeds player is not given a red card

Huddersfield Away - Moise Kean has a goal disallowed for offside which was clearly onside. No var to overturn it. The night becomes very difficult but we win with 10 men.

Villa Away - At nil nil, Gray is cynically brought down when heading through on goal. No red card is awarded. We then capitulate and lose heavily.

Tottenham Home - We have a clear penalty awarded then inexplicably disallowed on Var. We were in the process of scoring when the penalty was initially awarded. The game ends goalless.

Brentford Away - We have a clear penalty not awarded, with no VAR check when Rondon was grappled in the box. We lose 1 nil to a penalty awarded to Brentford.

Hull Away - We have 2 clear penalties not awarded. One of them the most obvious handball you will ever see. The game goes to extra time as a result.

Newcastle Away - Shelvey is not awarded a red card for an extremely poor challenge which could easily have injured Gordon (i think it was Gordon anyway)

Southampton Away - We have a clear penalty not awarded on Var for handball with the game still goalless.

City Home - Rodri Handball. Not given. Inexplicable decision. I dont have to say anything more.

Newcastle Home - Allan is given a straight red after a lengthy VAR check for a tackle that is given as a yellow 99% of the time. Bizarrely the decision is not overturned on appeal. We lose him for 3 games.

Liverpool Away - We are not awarded a penalty after a clear foul on Gordon early in the second half, with score at Nil nil.

Brentford Home - The game turns on the decision not to award the clear foul on Richarlison, with Branthwaite sent off seconds later

I'm very bored and do accept that this post comes across as very petty. Weve been nowhere near good enough this year - no arguments there. But this list of decisions is barely believable. And I've probably missed some other things too. I'm pretty certain we should have had a clear pen near the end of QPR game we lost. And Kenny got a really soft red card in a game too IIRC.

What an awful season it has been.

Complaining = Nothing happens

Speaking to the media = Punishment

What exactly is there that the club can do here?

its corruption in plain view.

All i can think of would be massive banners held by the fans like @NathDogg posted above.

The cameras would pick it up and it becomes a discussion point in the media.

I don't think our red cards today can be argued against, but where was the 2nd yellow for the pen? Instead they got to sub that defender off at HT and dominated with the luxury of the extra man, winning the game from it.

It was obvious to the entire stadium + VAR + everyone watching at home that he should have been sent off with a 2nd yellow.

It was also an admission by Frank that their player was a liability at that point, and should be off and may have lost his head and so he subbed him.

When Branthwaite was sent off I was CERTAIN that play would have been pulled back and we'd have been given a penalty.

When it wasnt and seeing who the referee was I wouldnt have been against Coleman telling the referee that he was taking the players off the pitch if he refused to check the VAR screen replay.

Likewise when we finally got a penalty and their centre back wasnt sent off Id have been in favour of Coleman taking the players off the pitch.

Its too much now to have this happen on a consistent basis...its clear corruption and there is no accountability for the referees.

Only warnings/fines to our manager.

Something needs to be done...its clear corruption.

It's almost funny how VAR doesn't even review ANY 50/50 or even obvious decisions that should go our way. Gordon pushed over by Matip? Nah he's a diver so no need to look at that. Richarlison having his shirt pulled off him? Nah, just a harmless tussle. Rodri using his forearm to control the ball? The forearm is now temporarily a non-goalscoring part of his body. That's just since end of February. Who knows how the derby would have turned out, but that's 3 points yesterday if they're down to 10 men at that stage, and City is minimum 1 point. I'd say blatant bias by bent officials has cost us 5 points in those 3 games alone, possibly 7 and we'd be safe weeks ago if so.

Complaining = Nothing happens

Speaking to the media = Punishment

What exactly is there that the club can do here?

its corruption in plain view.

All i can think of would be massive banners held by the fans like @NathDogg posted above.

The cameras would pick it up and it becomes a discussion point in the media.

It was obvious to the entire stadium + VAR + everyone watching at home that he should have been sent off with a 2nd yellow.

It was also an admission by Frank that their player was a liability at that point, and should be off and may have lost his head and so he subbed him.
You ask. What exactly can the club do ? Well they need to go to FIFA with a raft of evidence. They govern the use of VAR. or failing that fan pressure on FIFA to investigate the premier league. Sounds a bit extreme but their is no other options?

The old “swings and roundabouts” adage, the idea that if you have a terrible decision go against you you will eventually get a terrible decision go in your favour, is just not proving to be the case with us.

Is it a case of the powers that be wanting us to go down or is it just exceptionally bad luck? Even my mate, a Brentford season ticket holder, conceded today that Richarlison was fouled in their box on three separate occasions, twice by Sorenson, a guy who was booked really early on for a truly awful challenge. So at half-time we should have been going in at least two goals to the good and with Brentford down to 10 men.

Another apology will probably be issued, as it was when we were robbed of a point by the champions. But apologies aren’t going to save our club.

You ask. What exactly can the club do ? Well they need to go to FIFA with a raft of evidence. They govern the use of VAR. or failing that fan pressure on FIFA to investigate the premier league. Sounds a bit extreme but their is no other options?
Fan pressure from Everton fans = FIFA / FA don't take it seriously and the club doesn't bother fighting for change.

Fan pressure (bullets in post) from Liverpool fans = rules changed, club benefits from favourable match official decisions for years, titles are won.

Fan pressure from Everton fans = FIFA / FA don't take it seriously and the club doesn't bother fighting for change.

Fan pressure (bullets in post) from Liverpool fans = rules changed, club benefits from favourable match official decisions for years, titles are won.
Pointless going to the FA. You have to go the top FIFA.

Match manipulation section

“Deliberately neglecting to take action on the pitch even though it would be required under the Laws of the Game, e.g. not awarding red or yellow cards, penalties, etc.”

Anyone can submit a report.

The whole point of VAR was meant to get the correct decision not the way the PL runs it with the clear and obvious as an excuse for getting it wrong

Everton need to release a statement today saying then are seeking legal advice over the clear and obvious corruption in the PGMOL and the PL, it’s beyond a joke now

The whole point of VAR was meant to get the correct decision not the way the PL runs it with the clear and obvious as an excuse for getting it wrong

Everton need to release a statement today saying then are seeking legal advice over the clear and obvious corruption in the PGMOL and the PL, it’s beyond a joke now

100% that's what they should do but they won't and the simple reason is they know the knobheads will dig their heels in even more and just make the final games even more harder than they need to be.

For proof of how bad they are and how much they stick together, watch Dermot Gallagher today on ref watch

He'll say

1. The shirt pull wasn't enough for it to be recommended to the ref to check and ramble on about "tolerance levels"

2. He'll say all penalties don't have to lead to yellow cards so he understands why Oliver didn't book him and send him off for a 2nd yellow

Biased, bent, corrupt, incompetent, closed shop, bottlers, clueless- it's a mixture of all that which leads to the kind of inept performances we see week after week.

Don't think Lampard should make an issue of it now. It takes away from the focus needed.

If we are safe, by all means keep harping on about it.

Do we get some big club bounce in refereeing decisions if we are a championship club? Asking for a friend.

It is getting worse and worse, every season. I don't watch enough football anymore to comment on other teams and matches but I have seen the odd replay, etc. and the standard of refereeing in this country is absolutely shocking.

With regards to us, at best it is a group of officials who are simply not fit to do their job, I am not a conspiracy theorist but the sheer amount of shockingly bad decisions that have gone against us this season would lead the most sane of us to start to contemplate it, at the very least. These are not 50/50 decisions.

Spurs Penalty
Man City Handball
Brentford (Away) Penalty
Liverpool (Penalty)
Brentford (Home) Penalty & their red card offence.
Newcastle Red card (OK, we got the 3 points here but it is still a shocking decision and the way it was handled with the still frame was disgusting)

How many points that would equate to? Nobody knows as some were too early in the game to tell but they are all game changers.

You could nearly see Richarlison's shoulder, how is that not a foul. How does VAR not even check it.

Add to that they 100% should have been down to 10 men themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back