Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
All depends who the ref is and what team.

And that is not the rule btw.
The rules are guidelines at this point. If you refereed exactly to the rulebook it looks very different from how it actually looks right now. That's the whole point I'm trying to make.

And one of the loosely applied rules is shirt pulling in the box being a penalty.

I was actually looking forward for VAR to stamp out the obvious shirt pulling. It's the most blatant foul in the pitch, because you're not allowed to tackle with your hands.
Standing in the Street end watching it happen on corners and that was the most frustrating thing ever.
Think Salah or someone got one the other day, and I was saying to me mates that I was quietly happy because them fouls boil my blood when not given.

How that weren't given I'll never know, the most obvious bloody foul to see. We might as well call it a day, the sport is finished.

The rules are guidelines at this point. If you refereed exactly to the rulebook it looks very different from how it actually looks right now. That's the whole point I'm trying to make.

And one of the loosely applied rules is shirt pulling in the box being a penalty.
Screenshot_20220515-230655_Chrome.jpg

Take your pick....its a pen.

I do not believe in any conspiracy theories, I believe there is a rational explanation for everything that happens. There is no big Sky conspiracy involving referees to ensure the top six get given the benefit of the doubt or even worse against the rest of the league. It is simply that these referees are just very poor at their jobs. The foul on Richy today wasn't committed by a top six team, it wasn't given because the referee is just incompetent.
They do give the top teams things they don't give others and they are reluctant to punish them, not because of a conspiracy but because it is easier for them to act in that way. Think of the scrutiny they would come under if they started administering the rules properly, think of the backlash from the pundits who generally come from those top six clubs. There is no refereeing conspiracy but there is refereeing incompetence and cowardice.

When I said "the rules are more like guidelines now" what part made you think posting the rules was what I needed?

How many times have you seen a foul called for "attempts to kick" or "attempts to trip" that don't actually kick or trip someone? The rules don't matter like that.
So lets just not have any rules eh ?

Sounds like a plan.

Look mate we can go all night like this.
Pulling someones shirt and impeding them in the box is a penalty.
You cannot manhandle a player in football , this is not rugby or gridiron.

There has been a callous wrongdoing today by the referee and the VAR team at Stockley park.
Not the 1st bad decision agst us or the last , and there have been many many injustices like this in the past.
Some would think its a conspiracy or as we say over here.....Corrupt.

Sounds like a plan.

There has been a callous wrongdoing today by the referee and the VAR team at Stockley park.
Not the 1st bad decision agst us or the last , and there have been many many injustices like this in the past.
I'd love for them to write rules that they actually intend to enforce.

But acting like the current laws are how the game goes now is just make believe. They don't follow them closely fairly often. I'm not saying it isn't stupid.

Sounds like a plan.

"Grid iron" haha love the old school reference!
But all joking aside I completely agree. Also add in the bogan centre half not being booked for hauling down denying Richarlison a goalscoring opportunity. It would have been a red without the covering defender, there was a defender around so it's a regulation booking = red. Oddly enough this didn't materialise.

VAR was supposed to clear up mistakes instead it's reinforced the bias for me
Right this has been my view for a long time.

VAR should be scrapped.

Goal line technology kept - it's universally accepted and clears up any subjective calls.

Offside rule should be from the torso of the attacking player with a line going down like in sprint finishes. This should be checked for all goals scored.

The standard for what constitutes a penalty kick should be higher imo. The penalty that City were awarded against West Ham wouldn't have been awarded without the aid of VAR - why? Because it wasn't a penalty. In real time there was contact but Jesus wouldn't have reached the ball. The fef had a great view and thought there was not enough there for a penalty.

As it is we have a complete hash of rules and officiating

Status
Not open for further replies.