Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
36 points I believe will be safety. Realistically we need 4 points from the next 2 and 4 points from the last 2. Those last 2 games are good fixtures. Both Wolves and Bournemouth likely to be safe. Worst case scenario as long as we scrape 2 points from the next 4 we still have a chance of finishing with two wins.

That being said I think we are going to fall a couple of points short
The goals aren’t there. Maybe beating Newcastle gives us a pulse but it’s incredibly unlikely

I didn’t say we aren’t fighting. I think there was fight there today, just no quality. And that’s the bigger problem.

I said the other teams are scoring goals and fighting. Even Leeds have scored in their last 7 games. We are not and aren’t capable of doing that.

They have more chance of getting goals so have more chance of wins than we do. It’s simple really.
They are conceding plenty too. So there is that .

A decent point at Palace isn't actually much good because of the horror show against Fulham last week. The problem we have now is that in all our games apart from Bournemouth at home on the last day we are the underdog.

This team is going to find it so difficult to win any of the away games so we are now looking at top 4 chasing Newcastle as being our big hope for 3 points.

The lack of goals is obviously maiy due to the enormous lack of quality. But it doesn't help when the team are sent out play so passively and put no numbers into forward areas.

We need to get people in the box if we want to score goals. It needs to be 3 or 4 not 1 or 2.

Beating Newcastle & Bournemouth at home, and avoiding defeat away at Leicester should be enough to keep us up. Pick up points in any other games big bonuses.

Not over yet, predicted Leicester winning today, but good to see Leeds & Forest failing to pick up any points.

Because we don’t score ?

We’ve played 12 games under Dyche and not scored in 5 of them which were against Liverpool (a), Arsenal (a), United (a), Villa (h) and Palace (a). Every other games we’ve scored and when you consider there was one off the line against Villa as well we could have easily broken the duck there.

It’s a myth we don’t score. We don’t score many but it’s not like we’re going loads of games in a row without scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back