Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL, not sure why people don't get it. It could only be in our own hands if we were above the relegation zone. Cannot possibly be when we are in it and all on level games. We have to do better than the other teams do which we currently aren't doing.

Leicester and Leeds can't both win on Tuesday. So if we do on Thursday we go ahead of at least one of them.
It's pretty simple logic really.

LoL, not sure why people don't get it. It could only be in our own hands if we were above the relegation zone. Cannot possibly be when we are in it and all on level games. We have to do better than the other teams do which we currently aren't doing.
We play Leicester so it’s in our hands win 6/6 we stay up

Mate we are literally 100% guaranteed to be out of the relegation zone if we win against Newcastle. It's completely in our hands still lol

We’re in the relegation zone on goal difference, the next side is one point ahead, there’s 6 games to go, all the teams have difficult fixtures remaining.

No idea why some are giving up so easily

I don't think it's giving up so much....but the path to even 35/36 points even which is boderline looks very tough now.

If Leicester or Leeds win on Tuesday then they'll be on low 30s and perhaps just be one win away from safety. Bournemouth and Wolves are already at that stage.

Today is o.k but could be easily the last away point of the season. That basically means relegation imo as I can't see more than the point from next two home games so in that scenario the Bournemouth game becomes academic.

As bad as last season became the team were on 32 points with 5 games remaining after winning at home to Chelsea so team going to be off that even with a shock win on Thursday.

You said they are showing great fighting spirit and we aren't. They ain't.

I didn’t say we aren’t fighting. I think there was fight there today, just no quality. And that’s the bigger problem.

I said the other teams are scoring goals and fighting. Even Leeds have scored in their last 7 games. We are not and aren’t capable of doing that.

They have more chance of getting goals so have more chance of wins than we do. It’s simple really.

We’re in the relegation zone on goal difference, the next side is one point ahead, there’s 6 games to go, all the teams have difficult fixtures remaining.

No idea why some are giving up so easily
The challenge certainly for me is assessing whether any of the teams are likely to win at least one match - I think so. So the question has to be are we likely to win at least one more match to keep pace? I’m finding it incredibly hard to reconcile that question with the answer yes because of the way the season has gone and because of the way we are currently playing.

We may do in the end, but in the other way it could be a big point, but i dont get these people who morning,noon and night and during every game act as though we are relegated, when quite clearly we are not and still have very good chance, despite having no forward basically all year, and we will have hopefully a few back Thursday - the very same people who moan after a game when we dont win despite saying for months we are already relegated lol
36 points I believe will be safety. Realistically we need 4 points from the next 2 and 4 points from the last 2. Those last 2 games are good fixtures. Both Wolves and Bournemouth likely to be safe. Worst case scenario as long as we scrape 2 points from the next 4 we still have a chance of finishing with two wins.

That being said I think we are going to fall a couple of points short

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back