Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it blind optmism? Did we not beat the league leaders with those players and a team right at the top of their form like Brentford?

What a staggeringly stupid thing to say.
We did. Weeks/months ago. Both at home.

There is precious little to hang hopes of a win tonight on.

Desperately hope it happens, would rarely have been happier to be wrong…. but anyone saying it’s LIKELY is kidding themselves.

Great post.
The footballing gods are giving us a chance to get our heads above the parapet tonight. It's a wonderful opportunity to give the fans some much-needed hope after weeks of melancholy and despair.

I believe there will be drama in spades tonight as it's massive for both teams.

Our performances have been poor, to say the least recently, and for most fans, it's understood Everton is a team that is only heading one way. Our manager, you could argue, has underperformed. Then again so have so many before him, haven't they?

You never know in football, something may just click in the players tonight or we may even get some outrageous luck and grab all three points!

I just wanna say good luck to all our amazing away supporters going tonight, everybody watching/listening at home and any blues pulling a night shift who will secretly be pulling up the score on their mobile phones. One thing is for sure, by the final whistle, many a man will be shedding tears. The question is will they be tears of sadness or joy?

Looking at the fixtures Leeds and Forest have left I’m not sure either of them are getting more than 33 points, so 6 points- or possibly 5 depending on what happens to goal difference between us and Leeds, could be enough. Not losing tonight keeps Leicester right in the mix.

Head: these cowards will totally bottle it. Won't be able to deal with pressure tonight + just want the season to be over.

Heart: they realise this weekends games are the last chance. Every other team down there has put in an unexpected, fighting performance. Tonight's our night.

Looking at Wolves home record it’s actually pretty strong don’t think we’ll get anything there

So revising my prediction

Leicester 1
Brighton 0
City 0
Wolves 0
Bournemouth 3

32 and down

Looking at the fixtures Leeds and Forest have left I’m not sure either of them are getting more than 33 points, so 6 points- or possibly 5 depending on what happens to goal difference between us and Leeds, could be enough. Not losing tonight keeps Leicester right in the mix.
Forest have Saints next. Win and they go to 33. Highly unlikely they would not accrue another point in their final 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back