Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, also worked in Mukono, just outside Kampala with no internet. Ahh, those were the days….
3yrs in Lilongwe, 7,5 in KLA. Internet there was suprisingly ok, the trouble started when going for example to Adjumani close to the Sudanese border. Or Jinja. Or Fort Pothole, I mean Fort Portal. Or Gulu. Or... Orange had the "best" coverage 2010-2017.

As we all know the tactics are completely different for shutting up shop and playing on the counter away from home as they are to having to take the game on open up and win at home.

That’s the position Leeds and Leicester are in now, they both wasted their chances to do what we did at Brighton and take pole position. Leicester cowardly so, Leeds just incompetently so.

They’ve now left themselves having to beat two of the better counterattacking teams in the league at home. They can’t afford to sit back, both of them have to come out and play and as we’ve seen when they do that they normally concede a lot.

It’s not a comfortable position for us by any stretch but you wouldn’t swap it for either of their positions. Imagine this place if w head to go into the final fixture needing to beat Spurs or West Ham at home, knowing that Leicester had Bournemouth at home and a win would mean your game didn’t matter anyway. The majority on here would have us relegated already.

I'd have totally taken this scenario a few weeks ago....its in our own hands, let's just hope Bournemouth aren't arsed

I know they won't feel that way, but it's not a big final is it? The Conference thingy, isn't it?

Not sure we're in any position to be diminishing any team that is achieving European football at the moment. Doing far, far better than we are.

Anyway, some nicely cherry-picked stats that might help some feel better:

1. Dyche record vs Bournemouth is 6W 2D 3L
  2. Everton record vs Bournemouth at Goodison since 2015 is 5W 1L
  3. Bournemouth have lost every game since their safety was confirmed

Can't see much joy on Sunday evening, even if we survive.

It'll be like that feeling of relief after a long period of vomiting
Haha. You just reminded me of watching Everton in the away end at the old Maine Road. The guy behind was totally tanked up and vomited all over the place. I remember thinking (as a youngster) how can anyone get to the state of vomiting at a game. Thinking about it, vomiting on Sunday might not be down to alcohol and may even be excusable.

You're right.

Thought after Leeds result, draw could be enough.

Didn't see Leicester getting anything last night + would essentially be between us + Leeds.

Just think without striker + full backs, draw is more likely than win + would've given us bit of safety net.

This assumes Leicester + Leeds win, not guaranteed.
Thing is, even if Leicester had lost I’d not have been confident about the draw being enough. Three times in recent games Spurs have gone to absolute bits after conceding a goal, if you have to win a game by three clear goals I think they’re a side you’d choose to be up against.

The draw is almost a non-factor for us now as the two point cushion means it’s only better than a loss specifically if Leeds win by one or two and Leicester don’t win. But the more important thing is it’s a total non factor for the other two and you’d rather they have one result to play for rather than two.

3yrs in Lilongwe, 7,5 in KLA. Internet there was suprisingly ok, the trouble started when going for example to Adjumani close to the Sudanese border. Or Jinja. Or Fort Pothole, I mean Fort Portal. Or Gulu. Or... Orange had the "best" coverage 2010-2017.
Indeed. And nothing can beat that moment when you eventually get to log on and see they’ve won their last two games. Not that it happened that often. I can imagine now how good it would have been logging on in Tanzania after the Brighton game last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back