Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things I don't want to be saying on Sunday....

"Everton's run of 72 years in the top flight, has come.... To an end!"

"This is the darkest day in the history of Everton football club.... If anyone needs me I'll be in the shower".

Given the gravity of the situation, you do wonder how the crowd would react to a mistake, a slip, an own goal, a clumsy tackle, an under hit pass from one of our own players, especially the later in the game it gets.

You also then wonder how our lions can handle that sort of pressure.
I'd imagine it will be like the crystal palace game last year but slightly more amplified in its intensity due to being the last day where everything will be magnified but that includes any positives perceived on the pitch as well.

I'm still baffled by Leicesters tactics looking for a point last night.
If they won they would be in the driving seat a draw or loss and they would still need to win this weekend regardless.
Yeah I can’t really believe what I saw. I get aiming for a 1-0 but there was barely even counter attacking intent until the last 5 minutes and at times their keeper was actively wasting time. A draw is obviously better than losing (but losing not fatal) but they are still at about 75% to go down and a win probably flips that closer to 75% staying up. That’s such an enormous swing with a win you have to go for it.

I don’t understand how with all the analysts clubs employ they could possibly crunch those numbers and think a draw was a result to take. If the situations were flipped I’d want Dyche drummer out for what Smith attempted last night.

If they won they would be in the driving seat a draw or loss and they would still need to win this weekend regardless.
Yes but if they lost last night by going for it then they would have needed us to lose this weekend.

Now if we draw and they win they stay up.

Obviously a win would of been much better for them though

I think they setup to be hard to beat/stay in the game. They wanted to be in the game come the hour mark when they hoped to nick a goal. They couldn't get hold of the ball to do that/their attempts to counter were jumped on.

What surprised me though was their time wasting - not sure what that was all about. Apparently Dean Smith was going bonkers at their keeper for taking ages late on - miscommunication maybe.

So I think they intended to go for a win late on, but couldn't get a kick and went into their shells/time wasting.

They had a chance to win it at the end. Tbh they have played open every week and been ripped apart - the tactics last night probably gave them their best hope.

Yeah I can’t really believe what I saw. I get aiming for a 1-0 but there was barely even counter attacking intent until the last 5 minutes and at times their keeper was actively wasting time. A draw is obviously better than losing (but losing not fatal) but they are still at about 75% to go down and a win probably flips that closer to 75% staying up. That’s such an enormous swing with a win you have to go for it.

I don’t understand how with all the analysts clubs employ they could possibly crunch those numbers and think a draw was a result to take. If the situations were flipped I’d want Dyche drummer out for what Smith attempted last night.
In the circumstances it wasnt the risk/reward was enormous. (in fact there was no risk)
Lose and you have to win the weekend
Draw and you have to win the weekend
Win and your out of the relegation zone and they only had to match ours and Leeds result at the weekend to stay up.

…..I really don’t get this view. If Leicester had played as they have recently against a free flowing Newcastle they’d have been overrun. I thought Smith got it exactly right. They had to ride their luck but they stayed in the game & then came close to winning it in the last 15mins when Newcastle were holding on.

it was so nearly a huge success. Smith tried to pinch 3 points but even that point could well be good enough on the last day.

I think they setup to be hard to beat/stay in the game. They wanted to be in the game come the hour mark when they hoped to nick a goal. They couldn't get hold of the ball to do that/their attempts to counter were jumped on.

What surprised me though was their time wasting - not sure what that was all about. Apparently Dean Smith was going bonkers at their keeper for taking ages late on - miscommunication maybe.

So I think they intended to go for a win late on, but couldn't get a kick and went into their shells/time wasting.
Their was no intent from them, of course im happy about it but i would of been raging if i was a Leicester fan watching that.
They didnt even try to press Newcastle or get on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back