Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction is Leicester will go 1-0 up within five minutes. Everybody will **** the proverbial bed.

We will huff and puff to get a goal and fail. West Ham will do us a massive favour and get an equaliser and we will stay up almost by 'default'. A truly pathetic end to a truly pathetic season that will be heralded a 'success' before the pattern repeats itself yet again in 23/24.
This is sad, but likely true

I honestly think Leicester may get caught out by West Ham - I can see WH caughting them on a counter a few times, and if Leeds did win - i do not see them winning by 3 - Leeds have only won by 3 a few times in over a few years - so we may fall over the line if we somehow dont win
Leeds only need to win by 2 if we lose by 1.

I'm liking all of the various predictions on here about Sunday games but I'm not liking the fact that I see them all as equally possible at the moment (gulp)

I've been stalking your forum occasionally across this season, ditto Forest, Leeds and any other side who briefly flirted with relegation across the past few months and I must say yours is the most amusing.

Sure, Leicester has picked up some absolutely moronic fans over the past few years - perhaps more than most. There is certainly an arrogance across some aspects of the club's support too, same with any club in top flight. It's taken Forest fans' less than a season to forget they were knocking around the Football League for two decades doing next to nothing prior to this season. Leicester have been the most successful English club in the past decade outside of a handful of the 'bigger boys'. Sure, prior to that and outside of the 90s, we've very much been a yo-yo club with the odd brief foray. However, the irony of this particular part of the post was something that I simply couldn't allow to go by without comment.

This post is Everton Football Club. Over the past few years alone you have sold:

Stones
Barkley
Lukaku
Gueye (then got him back when he had massively deteriorated)
Richarlison
Gordon (remains to be seen if that was a good move or not)

And replaced them with absolute dross. Any football fan of my age, early 30s, knows Everton has nothing more than a middling Premier League side with a decent history, that is getting further and further away with each passing season.

I imagine you'll stay up this season; we'll find a way to mess it up even if you do fail to beat Bournemouth, but, in all honesty, I think fans of both clubs know that the bottom 4, possibly even 5, all deserve to go this year. Every club outside of the top 6, and now 7 with Newcastle, are a couple of bad transfer windows, an injury crisis, or a negative change in ownership away from relegation. We'll go this year, or next, Leeds the same, Forest also. Everton will, eventually, be flushed.

Perhaps in future though remember that the year is 2023 and you are not the 'great' club you once were. All clubs start their periods of success somewhere and fans of every club has a right to voice their concern when they go from what should have been consecutive top 4 places and an FA Cup win to relegation and the break up of our most successful period in our entire history. We were the talk of the town for a few years, now it's Brighton, next it'll be Fulham, Brentford, or Burnley, or perhaps even Coventry City. Football is cyclical in nature, unless you support Everton over the past few years - in which case it's more Hotel California.

Here's to the clubs outside the top 6 (or 7) continuing to make a name for themselves and disrupting the natural order of things, not living off triumphs that took place under a three day week.
I should also add mate that I finally successfully convinced my young lad to support Everton not Leicester the year before you lot won the league. So hopefully you can take solace in that. 🤣👍

I've been stalking your forum occasionally across this season, ditto Forest, Leeds and any other side who briefly flirted with relegation across the past few months and I must say yours is the most amusing.

Sure, Leicester has picked up some absolutely moronic fans over the past few years - perhaps more than most. There is certainly an arrogance across some aspects of the club's support too, same with any club in top flight. It's taken Forest fans' less than a season to forget they were knocking around the Football League for two decades doing next to nothing prior to this season. Leicester have been the most successful English club in the past decade outside of a handful of the 'bigger boys'. Sure, prior to that and outside of the 90s, we've very much been a yo-yo club with the odd brief foray. However, the irony of this particular part of the post was something that I simply couldn't allow to go by without comment.

This post is Everton Football Club. Over the past few years alone you have sold:

Stones
Barkley
Lukaku
Gueye (then got him back when he had massively deteriorated)
Richarlison
Gordon (remains to be seen if that was a good move or not)

And replaced them with absolute dross. Any football fan of my age, early 30s, knows Everton has nothing more than a middling Premier League side with a decent history, that is getting further and further away with each passing season.

I imagine you'll stay up this season; we'll find a way to mess it up even if you do fail to beat Bournemouth, but, in all honesty, I think fans of both clubs know that the bottom 4, possibly even 5, all deserve to go this year. Every club outside of the top 6, and now 7 with Newcastle, are a couple of bad transfer windows, an injury crisis, or a negative change in ownership away from relegation. We'll go this year, or next, Leeds the same, Forest also. Everton will, eventually, be flushed.

Perhaps in future though remember that the year is 2023 and you are not the 'great' club you once were. All clubs start their periods of success somewhere and fans of every club has a right to voice their concern when they go from what should have been consecutive top 4 places and an FA Cup win to relegation and the break up of our most successful period in our entire history. We were the talk of the town for a few years, now it's Brighton, next it'll be Fulham, Brentford, or Burnley, or perhaps even Coventry City. Football is cyclical in nature, unless you support Everton over the past few years - in which case it's more Hotel California.

Here's to the clubs outside the top 6 (or 7) continuing to make a name for themselves and disrupting the natural order of things, not living off triumphs that took place under a three day week.
Think if you win you will stay up. These recent injuries to fullbacks and DCL make a victory very difficult with Dyche facing the prospect of having to adapt from his bread and butter formation with only a week on the training ground to work on it. That being said West Ham appear to be in a good moment and I believe will field a strong team to ensure they are not undercooked for their final in 10 days

The Leicester title victory was the greatest achievement in PL history and following it up with an FA cup a few years later it is normal for expectations to adjust. Sadly ours have moved in the other direction after over 3 decades in the wilderness

If we survive this year I think we will be good for a couple of years under Dyche (by good I mean clear of relegation). However, if nothing changes at the top of the club it is just a matter of time before we succumb.

Outside of being taken over by an oil state I don’t think sustained success is possible for our club now but there is an opportunity for a club like Everton, Villa, Leeds or Leicester to have periodic successes operating a Brighton/Brentford model on a larger scale

Was feeling fairly positive about our chances of staying up, then remembered we'll probably have Maupay up front.

Think we're down unless Leicester and Leeds mess up.

The future of the club resting on a performance from Maupay scares me.

Gonna be an interesting conundrum for leeds if we are drawing,leicester are losing and they are winning 1-0 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back