Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was feeling fairly positive about our chances of staying up, then remembered we'll probably have Maupay up front.

Think we're down unless Leicester and Leeds mess up.

The future of the club resting on a performance from Maupay scares me.
These kind of games are usually built for unlikely heroes. Hilarious that an actual striker of ours would be deemed an 'unlikely hero' but here we are.

Before Villa, I was looking with some predictions for the *brilliant* target of 42 points...

Villa (H) - 3 pts / RESULT 0 POINTS
Arsenal (A) - 0 / RESULT 0 POINTS
Forest (A) - 3 / RESULT 1 POINT
Brentford (H) - 1 / RESULT 3 POINTS
Chelsea (A) - 0 / RESULT 1 POINT
Spurs (H) - 1 / RESULT 1 POINT
Man U (A) - 0 / RESULT 0
Fulham (H) - 1 / RESULT 0
Palace (A) - 3 / revised to a more hopeful realistic 1 point / RESULT 1
Newcastle (H) - 1 / revised 0 / RESULT 0

UPDATE: 7 points out of my target of 13 points by this point. Now it looks like even 35 points might save us, so if we need 7 points from the next 5 games, we need 2 away wins in 5, and we have only had 1 win in the last 10. (I'm trying not to 'depend' on a final day win.

Leicester (A) - 3 / RESULT 1
Brighton (A) - 1 / 3
Man City (H) - 0 / 0
Wolves (A) - 3 / 1
Bournemouth (H) - ????

Our final total is only likely to be 36 maximum and if we get away with it on that it is amazingly lucky

All out Attacking and sitting behind the ball hoping for a 0-0 are two completely different things. But I would say we have took the game to most teams we have played. Not managed to sustain it for the whole games but from where we were when Lampard left after the games in January and where we are now is definitely an improvement.

Well friend I just have to disagree, but let's leave it at that and fingers crossed we beat Bournemouth and decrease our negative GD.

Good post in general but there is some straw clutching here?

"Won a few cups. Great, but so what" Isn't that the precise point of football? He's also a legend at the club and it's paved the way for the man's managerial career. Rooney went on to win everything and become the top scorer at one of the biggest clubs in the world, and his national team too. He didn't hit the heights of EURO 2004 because he went into most tournaments carrying at injury.

Lukaku has also been far better off leaving us regardless of whether it's been what he hoped for or not.

Like it or not, we are mediocrity personified and even Richarlison, as awful as his season has been, HAD to take the gamble because we are going nowhere fast.

I see your point, you could even say Barkley has gone on to better things too.

I've been stalking your forum occasionally across this season, ditto Forest, Leeds and any other side who briefly flirted with relegation across the past few months and I must say yours is the most amusing.

Sure, Leicester has picked up some absolutely moronic fans over the past few years - perhaps more than most. There is certainly an arrogance across some aspects of the club's support too, same with any club in top flight. It's taken Forest fans' less than a season to forget they were knocking around the Football League for two decades doing next to nothing prior to this season. Leicester have been the most successful English club in the past decade outside of a handful of the 'bigger boys'. Sure, prior to that and outside of the 90s, we've very much been a yo-yo club with the odd brief foray. However, the irony of this particular part of the post was something that I simply couldn't allow to go by without comment.

This post is Everton Football Club. Over the past few years alone you have sold:

Stones
Barkley
Lukaku
Gueye (then got him back when he had massively deteriorated)
Richarlison
Gordon (remains to be seen if that was a good move or not)

And replaced them with absolute dross. Any football fan of my age, early 30s, knows Everton has nothing more than a middling Premier League side with a decent history, that is getting further and further away with each passing season.

I imagine you'll stay up this season; we'll find a way to mess it up even if you do fail to beat Bournemouth, but, in all honesty, I think fans of both clubs know that the bottom 4, possibly even 5, all deserve to go this year. Every club outside of the top 6, and now 7 with Newcastle, are a couple of bad transfer windows, an injury crisis, or a negative change in ownership away from relegation. We'll go this year, or next, Leeds the same, Forest also. Everton will, eventually, be flushed.

Perhaps in future though remember that the year is 2023 and you are not the 'great' club you once were. All clubs start their periods of success somewhere and fans of every club has a right to voice their concern when they go from what should have been consecutive top 4 places and an FA Cup win to relegation and the break up of our most successful period in our entire history. We were the talk of the town for a few years, now it's Brighton, next it'll be Fulham, Brentford, or Burnley, or perhaps even Coventry City. Football is cyclical in nature, unless you support Everton over the past few years - in which case it's more Hotel California.

Here's to the clubs outside the top 6 (or 7) continuing to make a name for themselves and disrupting the natural order of things, not living off triumphs that took place under a three day week.
Imagine taking all the time and effort on a forum that’s not even yours.
Get back to sniffing your birds knickers

Everton are the "good guys" this weekend.

Dirty Leeds and Dirty Leicester...two unlikeable clubs and fan bases.

Bad vibes, re Sunday.

Anybody else?
Not for me, but its the easy thing to think being an Everton Fan lol - I Will be nervous like all (And probably even more so if we somehow lead by more than 1) but i think we will just as ive thought all the way, just about be safe 🤞 having that little lead gives me even more confidence knowing the other 2 Have to win to have any chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back