Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been stalking your forum occasionally across this season, ditto Forest, Leeds and any other side who briefly flirted with relegation across the past few months and I must say yours is the most amusing.

Sure, Leicester has picked up some absolutely moronic fans over the past few years - perhaps more than most. There is certainly an arrogance across some aspects of the club's support too, same with any club in top flight. It's taken Forest fans' less than a season to forget they were knocking around the Football League for two decades doing next to nothing prior to this season. Leicester have been the most successful English club in the past decade outside of a handful of the 'bigger boys'. Sure, prior to that and outside of the 90s, we've very much been a yo-yo club with the odd brief foray. However, the irony of this particular part of the post was something that I simply couldn't allow to go by without comment.

This post is Everton Football Club. Over the past few years alone you have sold:

Stones
Barkley
Lukaku
Gueye (then got him back when he had massively deteriorated)
Richarlison
Gordon (remains to be seen if that was a good move or not)

And replaced them with absolute dross. Any football fan of my age, early 30s, knows Everton has nothing more than a middling Premier League side with a decent history, that is getting further and further away with each passing season.

I imagine you'll stay up this season; we'll find a way to mess it up even if you do fail to beat Bournemouth, but, in all honesty, I think fans of both clubs know that the bottom 4, possibly even 5, all deserve to go this year. Every club outside of the top 6, and now 7 with Newcastle, are a couple of bad transfer windows, an injury crisis, or a negative change in ownership away from relegation. We'll go this year, or next, Leeds the same, Forest also. Everton will, eventually, be flushed.

Perhaps in future though remember that the year is 2023 and you are not the 'great' club you once were. All clubs start their periods of success somewhere and fans of every club has a right to voice their concern when they go from what should have been consecutive top 4 places and an FA Cup win to relegation and the break up of our most successful period in our entire history. We were the talk of the town for a few years, now it's Brighton, next it'll be Fulham, Brentford, or Burnley, or perhaps even Coventry City. Football is cyclical in nature, unless you support Everton over the past few years - in which case it's more Hotel California.

Here's to the clubs outside the top 6 (or 7) continuing to make a name for themselves and disrupting the natural order of things, not living off triumphs that took place under a three day week.

Thanks for this much needed dose of reality. We would never have known.
I'd say good luck on Sunday, but under the circumstances well....

Worst case scenario: 10 mins left with Leeds 3-0 up against Spurs and Leicester 2-1 up against the Hammers. At Goodison it's still 0-0. Then sub Neal Maupay scores a cracker to send Goodison into extacy and at the same time us above the line. Due to a couple of injuries, there will be a minimum of 7 mins added time. What will you do (watching the game on TV)? Personally, I will turn of the TV, leave my phone at home and take a very long walk. At the same time, it's going to stop me from having a heart attack 😀

Worst case scenario: 10 mins left with Leeds 3-0 up against Spurs and Leicester 2-1 up against the Hammers. At Goodison it's still 0-0. Then sub Neal Maupay scores a cracker to send Goodison into extacy and at the same time us above the line. Due to a couple of injuries, there will be a minimum of 7 mins added time. What will you do (watching the game on TV)? Personally, I will turn of the TV, leave my phone at home and take a very long walk. At the same time, it's going to stop me from having a heart attack 😀
If you could stand writing that nightmare then you can deffo stand watching the match

I've been stalking your forum occasionally across this season, ditto Forest, Leeds and any other side who briefly flirted with relegation across the past few months and I must say yours is the most amusing.

Sure, Leicester has picked up some absolutely moronic fans over the past few years - perhaps more than most. There is certainly an arrogance across some aspects of the club's support too, same with any club in top flight. It's taken Forest fans' less than a season to forget they were knocking around the Football League for two decades doing next to nothing prior to this season. Leicester have been the most successful English club in the past decade outside of a handful of the 'bigger boys'. Sure, prior to that and outside of the 90s, we've very much been a yo-yo club with the odd brief foray. However, the irony of this particular part of the post was something that I simply couldn't allow to go by without comment.

This post is Everton Football Club. Over the past few years alone you have sold:

Stones
Barkley
Lukaku
Gueye (then got him back when he had massively deteriorated)
Richarlison
Gordon (remains to be seen if that was a good move or not)

And replaced them with absolute dross. Any football fan of my age, early 30s, knows Everton has nothing more than a middling Premier League side with a decent history, that is getting further and further away with each passing season.

I imagine you'll stay up this season; we'll find a way to mess it up even if you do fail to beat Bournemouth, but, in all honesty, I think fans of both clubs know that the bottom 4, possibly even 5, all deserve to go this year. Every club outside of the top 6, and now 7 with Newcastle, are a couple of bad transfer windows, an injury crisis, or a negative change in ownership away from relegation. We'll go this year, or next, Leeds the same, Forest also. Everton will, eventually, be flushed.

Perhaps in future though remember that the year is 2023 and you are not the 'great' club you once were. All clubs start their periods of success somewhere and fans of every club has a right to voice their concern when they go from what should have been consecutive top 4 places and an FA Cup win to relegation and the break up of our most successful period in our entire history. We were the talk of the town for a few years, now it's Brighton, next it'll be Fulham, Brentford, or Burnley, or perhaps even Coventry City. Football is cyclical in nature, unless you support Everton over the past few years - in which case it's more Hotel California.

Here's to the clubs outside the top 6 (or 7) continuing to make a name for themselves and disrupting the natural order of things, not living off triumphs that took place under a three day week.
God bless Darling

Can't stop thinking Leicester have a win "in the bag". We must go for the jugular on Sunday.

In addition, going 1-0 or even 2-0 down à la Palace would be a disaster this time, I feel. I don't trust this team to come from behind in the same manner.
This team is incapable of scoring goals, once in 18 games at Goodison we have scored more than 1 goal. That is horrific.
We also have less than 30% win rate at Goodison Park this season, added to the fact the team has significant injury concerns.
In my opinion it’s difficult to remain positive. As for Bournemouth nothing to play for, nonsense, finishing higher up table means more ££.
I have massive concerns for Sunday

Dyche will play for a draw. He’s so conservative.
Scared at the prospect of him assuming Leicester are not going to win at home against West Ham. If he sends us out with 10 men (by that I mean including Maupay in the line up), then he's unbelievably waving the white flag and basically stepping aside and giving it "Safety's here if you want to take it from us, lads" to Leeds and Leicester.

Dyche knows the atmosphere will be electric and the backing will be guaranteed from the off. There will not be an Everton fan in the house that wants us to fail. That said, if he goes conservative and we go a goal, or God forbid two goals down, I think the mood can turn very nasty, very quickly.

I dread to think what might happen inside the ground if they put in a performance like they recently have at home in what is genuinely the biggest game in the history of the club. There is no way whatsoever that x thousand of fans will be kept off the pitch if things turn sour.

This team is incapable of scoring goals, once in 18 games at Goodison we have scored more than 1 goal. That is horrific.
We also have less than 30% win rate at Goodison Park this season, added to the fact the team has significant injury concerns.
In my opinion it’s difficult to remain positive. As for Bournemouth nothing to play for, nonsense, finishing higher up table means more ££.
I have massive concerns for Sunday

Unfortunately, it's hard not to agree with you.

If you could stand writing that nightmare then you can deffo stand watching the match
I see my atempt at being funny (come on, Maupay scoring a goal) didn't catch on. Being serious though, that will be my reaction on sunday if that's the score with 10 mins left to play. I'm hoping for 2 quick goals for us though, and for the rest of the match to be very boring with no shots on target from Bournemouth.

Worst case scenario: 10 mins left with Leeds 3-0 up against Spurs and Leicester 2-1 up against the Hammers. At Goodison it's still 0-0. Then sub Neal Maupay scores a cracker to send Goodison into extacy and at the same time us above the line.

You just know that would be VAR'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back