Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Leeds win this then I think it effectively renders the arsenal result as nothing as all the teams above us would have won too which was also extremely unlikely

Man utd aren't coming back in this. They look awful and that garnacho is garbage

Based on the two posts above I'm not sure what you 'think' below counts for much.

I personally can't see it mate. I think West ham are better than the likes of us, Leeds and forest. Realistically I think we are battling with them 2 and the 2 below us of which at least one will go on some kind of run.

All the bottom teams hitting form. Some big teams with big squads. This is likely a season where 40 points is needed.
Not sure that that's true. Apart from Villa and Wolves most teams have shown poor form.

Table.png

Every single game from now to the end of the season is massive and if we give 100% effort we have a realistic chance of staying up. I think that this year more than 38 points will be needed. I still think we have a good defensive formation and will be able to grind out a number of 1-0. It may not be pretty, but I honestly believe we have the right manager. If only Everton had been stronger and gotten rid of Lampard after the Bournemouth games, we would now be 6 points or so better off!

We just need to get our head above water ASAP and then just doggy-paddle to safety if we have to.
This season is scaring me more then the last one..

We finally get a great win sat and then
Leicester win away
Wolves beat the filth
West ham get a point away
Forest win
And now Leeds have grabbed a point at old Trafford

We get a result like that and the only benefit we got was not drifting further...

Well we’ve gained two point on Leeds, who have played twice since our game and ate away the games in hand advantage, so that’s not true whatsoever is it.

It's boring but it's 1 game at a time for us. Obviously it helps if rivals drop points because every point they drop will be 1 less we need come May. But there are 17 games left and that's far too many to focusing on anyone other than ourselves. If we can win 6 of those games, we will probably take care of our own business.

When we lose a game, that's when we need to respond. There can be no more slumps of like 1 win in 8. We need to average about 1.1-1.2 points per game over the remainder of the year.

I still look at the remaining games involving the bottom half teams but not with a sense of dread because I know the win against Arsenal was not a fluke or a flash in the pan. The only team I'm certain of that won't be relegated is us. I'm glad we got Dyche in before Leeds did, that's for sure!

Leeds last night: the caretaker talked of how proud he was of the players. But rather than a morale boosting turning of the corner, that underlined the pattern of their season - throwing away points from winning positions.

They've held 10 leads and ended up with 4 wins, 3 draws, 3 defeats...lost 15 points right there.

Man United will do them on Sunday.

And then we'll put them right in it when we face them at Goodison the following game.

I expect at the end of the next two games for each club we'll be on 21-22 points and Leeds will be on 19 points.

It's boring but it's 1 game at a time for us. Obviously it helps if rivals drop points because every point they drop will be 1 less we need come May. But there are 17 games left and that's far too many to focusing on anyone other than ourselves. If we can win 6 of those games, we will probably take care of our own business.

When we lose a game, that's when we need to respond. There can be no more slumps of like 1 win in 8. We need to average about 1.1-1.2 points per game over the remainder of the year.
51 points then please

We just need to get our head above water ASAP and then just doggy-paddle to safety if we have to.
This season is scaring me more then the last one..

We finally get a great win sat and then
Leicester win away
Wolves beat the filth
West ham get a point away
Forest win
And now Leeds have grabbed a point at old Trafford

We get a result like that and the only benefit we got was not drifting further...
That is a huge benefit at this stage. Not many of the teams that you mention will beat Arsenal when they play them so we have gained 3 points on them in that respect

Status
Not open for further replies.