Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The league is very similar to last year. I dont see Wolves Leicester Leeds or West Ham getting under 35 points. Palace or Forest would need to absolutely freefall to not get to 35 points.

So I dont see how low 30s could possibly be enough. We need to be aiming for more like 38

But last season, Burnley got 35 points, and honestly had quite a big turnaround to do so. I don't remember so many being in and around it, but could be wrong.

We also don't know all of them to be below it, only 1.
Palace haven't won a game in 9. Leeds haven't won a game in 8. West Ham have European commitments and may panic and sack Moyes. That's before you mention the rest. To me, it's not that wild that Leedswin say 4 of the next 17, when they have won 2 in 18.

Where I agree though, is we need to look after ourselves and be looking to get to 40+ points.

It’s impossible to call.

West ham might keep dropping points
Wolves on a flyer atm but all it takes is a couple of defeats
Forest will have a sticky patch I reckon
Palace as well
Leicester just got beaten convincingly by Villa
Leeds got a big managerial appointment coming up.

Ultimately we need to win games and get a move on but reckon other sides will be worried that the Dyche effect will get us out of it.
Leicester smashed Villa 4-2

Wouldn’t put it past Palace to get dragged into the fight. They’re looking a bit short at the moment and it only takes a few losses or an injury and all confidence and momentum just disappears.

I think in this league now, momentum becomes so important. Basically all the teams are ok. But if you get on a run, a lot of young managers don't know how to handle it, and you become easy pickings.
We saw it with Benitez here, we were ok, and really quickly it turned. Palace are just about ok now, but anither 3 or 4 without a win and it starts to become a huge issue.
Likewise, that tonight for Leeds is a body blow, make no mistake. When you haven't won in 7, to throw away a 2 goal lead with 30 to go is enormous. That game at the weekend for them is huge, and you willstart to see how teams handle that pressure.
We have a bit of a free hit, but the following week, we have a must win game at home to Leeds.

That's the one big mistake (a bit like Hassanhuttl Southampton) that could really help us. I think Moyes will just keep them up, but I'm not convinced someone else would.

I think he will keep them up to mate, though not all the players look like they are happy their and they have Europe on the go about to be restarted. Sacking him would be good news for us.

Surprised Leeds seem to be at a loose end, I’d have thought they would have someone lined up before getting rid of Marsch - pity he didn’t hang in there for a while more.

We really need to be taking points on Monday though. United are playing far better than Liverpool and a managerless Leeds have just got a point there. We need to get something at Anfield, we can’t be writing off any games.
I'm not writing it off at all myself....best time in years to play them

I think he will keep them up to mate, though not all the players look like they are happy there and they have Europe on the go about to be restarted. Sacking him would be good news for us.

Surprised Leeds seem to be at a loose end, I’d have thought they would have someone lined up before getting g rid of Marsch - pity he didn’t hang in for a while more.

I am not sure their list of replacements will work either.

Leeds got really lucky last season as they won 1 game V 10 at Wolves, and 1 v 9 at Brentford that they don't win either if they play v 11 (and would definitely have lost to Wolves). That would have had them on 33/34 points from probably a higher base than this season. I think they are teetering a bit. They have spent a lot of money, which has probably been the one thing that has kept them just above water. But they alway seem to have these mid/late season dips.

Status
Not open for further replies.