Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
….it’s human nature that people react differently. I notice many posters coming up with scenario’s where we’ll escape the drop & others thinking it’s a done deal. There’s no right or wrong reaction to this, I actually think our fans have been amazing these past few seasons.
Why not just wait and see what happens without posting definte scenarios.
If a team scores an early goal then its game over .. if we drop then its a disaster yes. But it hasn't happened yet ..and if Leicester score a goal in the first 20 minutes today we aren't gone either. But we will be on here .

Todays the day realisation will set in for many. The end is nigh.
The end may well have been nigh at Bournemouth last November, plenty on here called it, tbf, plenty poo-poo'd it too.
But the people who count, couldn't see or did but wouldn't (Australian Tour contractual reasons??) get rid of 'Frank - terribly nice - but wank.'
They shouldve sacked him on Bondi Beach and pinched Postacoglou while he was there handy*

(*They still could...should.)

All these posters who seemingly know the other results, who plays and what players will be rested, teams who won't care etc etc.

Can you please share with me next week's lottery numbers?
It’s just a discussion to be fair and people are just using their knowledge of what has preceded this point and extrapolating that forward onto remaining games to estimate the likely results.
Nobody is claiming to be Nostradamus , they’re just discussing what they see as the likeliest probabilities.
It’s exactly what the stock market and insurance businesses do.
It’s not some wierd esoteric practice.

Lost to West Ham at home when they'd just been pummelled 5-1 by Newcastle a few days before and didn't really have many shots.

Think Mitrovic is still out and they simply don't score many goals without him.
Mitrovic is back next game. That wont affect any relegation threatened team though.

But if Fuham are Fulham and Leicester are Leicester it ends only one way.

All going as it sadly should, after the City game we'll be able to forget being able to stay up on goal difference. Can the players put together two full passion performances that result in at least a point? I highly doubt it, but at a minimum, although it would be in no way acceptable, they need to keep the goals against down.

The end may well have been nigh at Bournemouth last November, plenty on here called it, tbf, plenty poo-poo'd it too.
But the people who count, couldn't see or did but wouldn't (Australian Tour contractual reasons??) get rid of 'Frank - terribly nice - but wank.'
They shouldve sacked him on Bondi Beach and pinched Postacoglou while he was there handy*

(*They still could...should.)
Utterly embarrassing... The season was over with 18 games to go?

All the more reason for every single player in that pitch to run, tackle and fight until they physically can’t stand anymore. But yet again that should be norm from the first game of the season. Not just when we are fighting the drop.
100%, send the players around with the P45s and while they are there they can apologise and take any ire that comes there way.....

The most likely results today are:

Everton - loss

Leicester - loss or draw

Forest - win or draw

By 10pm we'll know what we have to do in 2 home games and an away match at Wolves.

It's understanding we all have a sense of foreboding about today as we'll likely be distanced from one of those two just above us. But I dont see an awful lot there for our relelgation rivals after today, and if we keep as close as we are to them now or maybe even another point worse off we have a real shot in the last 3.

It's a rubbish situation but this is where we are and we better be ready for a few twists and turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.