Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's only one trophy with any weight: The English top flight title.

I'm not sure what other metric you bring in to try and measure English football club success.
If we're only measuring success on whether you win the league or not, we might as well all pack up and choose another hobby. I think this is nonsense.

Winning a cup - particularly the FA Cup - is massive still.

If we're only measuring success on whether you win the league or not, we might as well all pack up and choose another hobby. I think this is nonsense.

It is nonsense, as is the idea that when Everton were winning our first couple of league titles that it was anywhere near as big as the FA Cup. Some Evertonians have started deluding themselves that the gap between PL and Cup as it is now was like that years ago...total BS.

We are safe with a win and a Leeds / Leicester loss correct?
If that is the case, 3 points is absolutely massive. I'm not too worried about Leicester (famous last words lol) but I could see Leeds getting something off West Ham. I don't trust Spurs at Elland Road on the last day but if Leeds are desperate they are going to be wide open at the back. Could see Spurs potentially killing them on the counter. Either way, for the love of God and all that is holy, just win Everton.

One point at Wolves will be fine and is realistic. 3 more against Bournemouth and we are OK with 36pts. The others won't match that.
I would be okay with a point if Leeds and Leicester both lose. Bournemouth worries me more than Wolves. Hope the team isn't mentally scarred from the last two outings with them earlier in the season.

Nope..I am genuinely interested in FFP and a true believer in FFP and this case is a landmark. I also had some arguments with Everton fans on Twitter who were adamant in 20222 that your club couldn't be charged as the PL had signed off.
Are we any better in the future mate?

Not sure I can cope being a blue if my great great great great great great great great great great grandkids are still watching shabite.

I wish so much Leeds had been just marginally less catastrophic under their 6 week manager and they wouldn't have had been forced to bail out on allardyce.

He said his Leeds weren't going to chase games and play themselves right out of them and bingo, he gets them back to 2-1 city (2 better gd than us having started game much worse) and point V Newcastle. Even if they were appointing him now point and gd would mean so much. If there's one man I see dooming us now, it's him.

It's funny because 5 years ago it was all like:
"Well guys there's one person who can save us now"
Oh god don't say it
"Sam allardyce"
Blerrrrrgh.
"Duncan will hand out the noseclips"

I can't wait for the day he's whirling around furiously on Brentford going "you know what? You know WHAT? If you're so much better than me how about you solve your own Freaking s show?

I'll take your job, but I want a parade to the first match with a big banner of me down the stadium that says: "Getting Ready for the Big Time""

He's the moneyball of prem survival

Daves a clown.

lololol.jpg

8th most successful club, about as relevant as 2 times European Champions Notts Forest.

35 will do it I think, and on those grounds we should go all out for a win on Saturday - I'm not sure a draw would mean we wont have to win against Bournemouth, while if we beat Wolves we could likely lose to Bournemouth and still stay up.

If we lose to Wolves, I still think a win against Bournemouth sees us safe.

Last edited:
35 will do it I think, and on those grounds we should go all out for a win on Saturday - I'm not sure a draw would mean we wont have to win against Bournemouth, while if we beat Wolves we could likely lose to Bournemouth and still stay up.
Yep. Who knows if we need any more points, need three or four or maybe one 🤔 The only thing that matters is go all out to win the next of the two games remaining, which happens to be Wolves. Worry about where we stand after Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.