Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m taking a self Everton exile …. I think it’s over … I’ll be glad to be wrong but this club is an embarrassment from top to bottom.
I dont blame you mate. It's too painful.

Hopefully we turn this around and you feel like posting again in the coming months. Personally I think we're in for a horror show and no incoming forward will be the answer to it, because we're short of quality and battling players in every department.

This is the long goodbye this season.

I didn’t go the game today but my lad did, he was saying that after Wolves scored we literally just stood there, no one chasing down and allowed them to knock the ball around.
Almost 10 minutes to go to get angry and get that equaliser.

This lot are cowards and get caught in the headlights.

The only fighter we have in the entire squad is 5 weeks off coming back in, the club captain.

We’ve been linked with Beto for over a year. The board and Thelwell after that Bournemouth game should’ve been like: “ we’ve just got away with murder there, stayed up with no striker, now let’s get a proven striker in before preseason even starts.”
Not Everton, we monitor, and mull and ponder, and enquire, then get linked with a winger all summer whose club clearly aren’t gonna sell him, waste time on him (a winger not a striker) , batter two crap sides at home and lose both late on, and then decide it might be time to spend the money on that proven striker.

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth and already this season we’ve thrown away SIX points.

If DCL or a decent striker was available for one of them home games, we would’ve won, the chances we’ve missed have been criminal.

I honestly believe the board and owner were banking on Sheffield, Luton, Burnley, and maybe a side like Wolves and/or Forest would be worse than us. And now that we can't get anything from Wolves at home, it is evident this side is relegation fodder and their pathetic plan and hopes is blowing up in their faces.

Even with Beto in and another forward besides, because of the 9 points thrown away we'll be lucky to be out of the bottom 5 by the end of autumn.

I dont buy even that though. I think we're going to be one of those teams who dont get out of the bottom five all season. I think that's possible even with Beto + another striker. We're not a good team at all.

We are in a rut of losing and it'll take more than Beto and Adams to get us out of it. It takes resolve. And we dont have it.

Hope I'm wrong, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back