Relegation 23/24 Thread

Looking at the 3 teams who came up gives me hope we might survive. But the way we play is depressing, and it would be no surprise if we were to be relegated. Dyche has a style of football where we aren’t ever going to pleasing on the eye. But we need to play much more on the front foot, with and without the ball. Start being braver with the ball, and stop sitting back so much. Get a bit of intensity in the team and try to give the opposition more problems, instead of just trying to hang on. Actually try and win the ball back in attacking areas instead of constantly retreating into shape. We are easy to play against at present, there’s no excuse for being so negative!

we were so negative against arsenal but that's to be expected i guess. But I don't think we have been in the other matches at all. We have created loads of chances (bar VIlla). That gives me a tiny bit of hope we could beat bournemouth and/or Luton and go on our longest winning streak in living memory of 2.

we were so negative against arsenal but that's to be expected i guess. But I don't think we have been in the other matches at all. We have created loads of chances (bar VIlla). That gives me a tiny bit of hope we could beat bournemouth and/or Luton and go on our longest winning streak in living memory of 2.
I demand that rather than hope for it.

You know what I realised last night. Most teams are still playing 4/3/3 dare I say it, Klopp style. Carlo played it whilst he was here and he very rarely changed from that formation.

We played 4/2/1/2/1 on Sunday. Nobody seemed to know where they were supposed to be or what they was supposed to be doing.

How about just getting us to 4/3/3. Onana Gana and Garner, drop Doucoure. McNeil DCL/Beto and Danjuma up front. We have to start scoring some bloody goals.

You know what I realised last night. Most teams are still playing 4/3/3 dare I say it, Klopp style. Carlo played it whilst he was here and he very rarely changed from that formation.

We played 4/2/1/2/1 on Sunday. Nobody seemed to know where they were supposed to be or what they was supposed to be doing.

How about just getting us to 4/3/3. Onana Gana and Garner, drop Doucoure. McNeil DCL/Beto and Danjuma up front. We have to start scoring some bloody goals.
It's supposed to be 4141.

It’s laughable how it’s always put on the fans

“The atmosphere isn’t good”
“Just get behind the team”
“ it is what is”
“ it’s toxic”

What are the people at the club being paid for then? A fair number of them are earning millions a year yet some like to push this narrative it’s the fans that have do something or the main issue is with the lack of atmosphere. Imagine what these people would say if apathy became substantial in numbers and they spent their time and money on other things.

K’off cheeky b***tards

It’s laughable how it’s always put on the fans

“The atmosphere isn’t good”
“Just get behind the team”
“ it is what is”
“ it’s toxic”

What are the people at the club being paid for then? A fair number of them are earning millions a year yet some like to push this narrative it’s the fans that have do something or the main issue is with the lack of atmosphere. Imagine what these people would say if apathy became substantial in numbers and they spent their time and money on other things.

K’off cheeky b***tards
On Sunday, there was literally nothing for the fans to cheer. Do they want a Mexican wave every time we get a throw in?

Players have to set the tone. If they look like they don’t believe they can win, why should the fans be expected to have more confidence!

Trouble is the run at Goodison after those two games is very tough. Brighton (although they will be in europe and should be more confident after the away game), Man. United, Chelsea, Newcastle, Man. City and bogey team Villa.

That's the run of home games up to Feb! Of course someone like Chelsea is actually a pretty poor team these days if you look at actual form instead of transfer fees so potential shock but I really don't see many home wins there.

So far away completely swatted aside by Villa and to me Sheffield United was one of easiest opportunities to win away all season. How many serious shots at goal after the Danjuma goal? There was still nearly 50 minutes to win that....

If team isn't winning much at Goodison it needs to balance that out with 3-4 wins away and that's a tall order regardless of schedule.