Relegation 23/24 Thread

I think once we get Beto in and the likes of Harrison fit (DCL is a bonus) we'll be absolutely fine but it'll be another season of struggle thanks to the haphazard approach. We all wanted a season in mid table.

It's bleak at the moment but I agree there is certainly hope.

Dyche really needs to get them drilled and get the players as fit as possible. If we have those 2 things there's always that chance that a couple of players can hit form and give the others a boost.

Newcastle and Sunderland also had endless seasons of turgid prem seasons where they just about scraped 8-9 wins to stay up but both eventually went down in mid 2010s.

Club is certainly on that trajectory now.

Leeds is another one that springs to mind. Champions League Semi final around 2001 (???) and then relegated in 2004 after a few poor seasons and changing managers too many times.

We've played Wolves and Fulham at home mate...and we collapsed when we conceded.

This is as dire a warning as it gets that this season will be the calamity we missed in seasons 2021/22 and 2022/23.

Maybe some people believe Beto signing will sort this out. It wont. We are dangerously woeful in players who can stand up and be counted. We'll need to score 2 in a game to get a result...and I dont see a lot of that happening.
I don't think your wrong, Beto alone is not the answer. We have three midfielders in Gana, Garner and Onana who play the same game. We need a creative midfielder, another center back and another winger and that's not even considering we need 2 strikers really. And as for Beto, let's be honest who knows if he is a donkey or not but the lack of a queue trying to buy him makes me think he's a donkey!

This team is suffering from a chronic shortage of goals and the mentality is weak. Honestly as we stand today, we will be lucky to survive this year.

Hope I'm wrong, but playing the way we have and still not be able to score and going on to lose these games does not bode well for our season. Years of mismanagement is coming home to roost!

Genuinely when people have been losing their minds over relegation over the past two seasons, I've always felt that we'd be ok - we have enough like. Bar one wobble last season for a couple of weeks in Jan.

We don't have enough this season - teams have improved from last season and we are inexplicably weaker.

We are relying on Luton and Sheff Utd to drop (not a given) and hoping we're better than one other.

I never been more worried...and that's after game 3.

For once I am happy there is an international break coming. Might do us good …..hopefully. If we can get a result against Doncaster then somehow beat Sheffield United things might look a little better

I don't think your wrong, Beto alone is not the answer. We have three midfielders in Gana, Garner and Onana who play the same game. We need a creative midfielder, another center back and another winger and that's not even considering we need 2 strikers really. And as for Beto, let's be honest who knows if he is a donkey or not but the lack of a queue trying to buy him makes me think he's a donkey!

This team is suffering from a chronic shortage of goals and the mentality is weak. Honestly as we stand today, we will be lucky to survive this year.

Hope I'm wrong, but playing the way we have and still not be able to score and going on to lose these games does not bode well for our season. Years of mismanagement is coming home to roost!

We just cant dig in. We managed to do that for the most part under Dyche last season when he took over.

The last 3 games tells me he's lost control of these players.

There's still loads of absolute dog dirt in this league like Luton, Forest, Bournemouth, Sheff United, Burnley who will all be down the bottom come April/May .

Last day escape on the cards again.
Not this year unless we sign 5 new players next week