Relegation 23/24 Thread

We have Liverpool and Arsenal to play which is a guarantee of no points from either game. So if we also lose to Luton that just leaves a possible 6 points from Brentford and Sheffield United which would put us on 36 as it stands. Luton could get to 37 with 4 wins but considering they've only won 4 in the last 21 PL games I think 4 in 4 is beyond unlikely.

Let's be optimistic.

RS= Usual loss= ( 0 points)

Brentford= win ( 3 points)

Luton= draw ( 1 point)

Blades= win (3 points)

Arse= usual tanking, loss ( 0 points)

End of season on 37 points, should be enough.

The RS have only beaten us twice at home in the league in the last decade... not sure why so many folk (only singling you 2 out because you're on the last couple of pages) are guaranteeing/assuming a loss.

The RS have only beaten us twice at home in the league in the last decade... not sure why so many folk (only singling you 2 out because you're on the last couple of pages) are guaranteeing/assuming a loss.
Personally it's a defence mechanism. If I assume the worst I won't feel as bad when we get beat 4-0. But if we manage a draw or by some miracle a win then it'll be happy days :)

Apologies for the pessimism, but it is Herr Flick's last derby, and they are still in with a shout for the Prem.

I hope I am wrong, but when the scenario is thus, it very really goes wrong for the Kult.

Starting to think we'd do well to finish +9 above the drop... :oops:
You really would hope if we are looking safe, someone with half a brain would be advising the club and its creditors not to go into admin until next years fixture list comes out.

If Luton win 3 in a row and we are 4 points behind going into Arsenal then we should go bust spectacularly during the warm up.

Apologies for the pessimism, but it is Herr Flick's last derby, and they are still in with a shout for the Prem.

I hope I am wrong, but when the scenario is thus, it very really goes wrong for the Kult.

Was thinking about this earlier... only a few weeks ago this derby had the potential to crown them champions and relegate us.

I'm now viewing it as a potential game to seal our safety and completely de-rail their push for the league...

Yeah, were in a much better position after that win, but we shouldnt take anything for granted. Luton could be in a position to go above us if they beat us. Or we could be safe before we even play them. One game at a time.
Agree tomorow might be a tough game but we still have to fight every point is still massive. Is all anout us matching or well getting better results than the teams below us now. Would love it to be done before the luton game, this fan base deserves a break after this season. Just been so mentaly draining on all of us

1713903823708.png

Are Arsenal going to beat us 10 nil?

Given the attention (rightly or wrongly) on Ashley Young last weekend, expect the slightest infraction from him in the box will deliver a pen to Sky’s favourites tomorrow night. And a red card.