Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect (and I think you’re a brilliant poster) why would internationals like Mykolenko and Iwobi and good prospects like Gordon and Godfrey want to play in the lower leagues?

They’d be the first ones out of the door to balance the books. We’d be left with the dead wood that we couldn’t shift.
Believe it or not, some of the players may still want to play for this club and attempt to restore it to the premier league.
Grealish prime example.

A shaky Chelsea at a roaring Goodison

Leicester away 3 days after a big game in Rome for them

Mid table sides Brentford & Palace at home

Cant see why we can't go on a run of form tbh.

The main reason for the mess we're in is our shocking fitness department.

If we didn't have 5-6 players out every single week including our main CF we wouldn't be in a relegation battle its that simple.

Having a fully fit DCL, VDB in CM and Patterson at RB and today's a different result as well imo.
Don’t always agree with you but this is a great post. Staying up is feasible.

Brilliant post. Average attendances usually fall dramatically when a club is relegated from the Premier League. And Championship clubs receive almost no media coverage, so they become forgotten about to a large degree. My lad had never even heard of Sheffield Wednesday when I mentioned them to him the other day!

Going down would mean we would lose large swathes of the young football fans of this city.

The RS fans sing “the city’s all ours”. 18 years in the lower leagues like Leeds and the city really would be all theirs.
I was in the city all afternoon yesterday and didn't see a single blue shirt or scarf, just swathes of red. It was utterly depressing.

With all due respect (and I think you’re a brilliant poster) why would internationals like Mykolenko and Iwobi and good prospects like Gordon and Godfrey want to play in the lower leagues?

They’d be the first ones out of the door to balance the books. We’d be left with the dead wood that we couldn’t shift.

And who the hell is going to want to join us that is better than who we have? People don't get it mate.

I was in the city all afternoon yesterday and didn't see a single blue shirt or scarf, just swathes of red. It was utterly depressing.
To be fair mate, we as a fan base don’t seem to wear Everton shirts on match day. I don’t know why this is but we just don’t. Apart from kids and the odd few.
Liverpool fans are decked out in them mainly because they are out of town fans.

If you’re ever unfortunate enough to be around Anfield during a home match for them, their club shop has massive queues before and after the game. Full of fans buy merchandise. You just don’t see this at Everton.

This was never going to be a win or a draw. We came close to the latter though. Im more peeved about burnleys rebaisance. What the hell happened there. They need to be stopped and we have to find 6 points. If not then Leeds might be overtaken. We arent down yet. One more kind of write off game to go and after that well be good. I do fancy a point vs chelski though. They arent all that anymore for some reason.

I don’t think people have grasped how serious relegation would be. Some have said “oh it’ll enable us to rebuild and get rid of our dead wood.” Who wants to sign dead wood (who are on top Dollar by the way) from a team that’s just been relegated? Possibly a League One one club. But why would our dead wood agree to play for a League One club for about £5k a week? The dead wood will stay and continue taking their massive money.

The only ones who will go are Richarlison, Gordon, Branthwaite and anyone else who’s any good - and they’ll go for a pittance because everyone will know how desperate we’ll be to get the wage bill down. There’s talk of Newcastle being interested in Richarlison for £15million. Fifteen million!

One thing I realised earlier was how much smaller as a club we will be and now diminished our fan base will be if we go down. Earlier I said to my young son, who knows his onions when it comes to top-flight football “We might be playing Sheffield United if we go down. My first game was Sheffield United.” My lad had never heard of them. And why would he have heard of them? When was the last time you saw a championship game on the telly or saw the top pundits even mention the championship? The deluded reds are fond of singing “the city’s all ours.” Well it will be if we go down. The questions is will we do a Leeds or a Forest or a Sheffield Wednesday, or will it be much worse because we’re so heavily indebted and are making such huge losses?
Well seeing as though they were in the prem for the previous 2 seasons I wouldn’t send your lad on mastermind to talk about onions mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back