Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Waiter seemed to concede possession and go on the counter. But having just the 2 midifielders and then 4 attackers left the defence exposed which Carlo knew about and we'd concede goals like a siv.

Lamps wanted us to keep the ball more but still had the same set up. He's soon realising 3 in midfield is the way to go.

Funnily enough Rafas and Lamps seem to have more faith in these players than Carlo ever did IMO.
Everybody has forgotten that the wheels had fallen of long before Benitez. The end of season under the pensioner? Losing at home against Sheffield? Spanked by City? Losing at home against Fulham? Spanked at home by Villa?The whole stuff has taken years of incompetence at all levels. Brands is the number uno reason. The guy was laughable bad. Hiring midgets, girlies, guys unable to run and only crap to premium prices.

Just looked and Burnley play Watford before we play Chelsea they win that it heaps further pressure on our game. The schedulers have helped them them too their matches are all before ours and these games in hand will all be played under intense pressure.

It would need some work doing.

Get Simms back from Hearts, Patterson playing, Myko, Godfrey, Branthwaite and the other players I have mentioned above would have a very good chance.

Dobbin, Onyango, Simms, Branthwaite, Patterson.

We'd also attract better quality for the championship.

Not talking automatic promotion but we wouldn't go tumbling into the wilderness.

The city already is theirs, the battle is lost.

Sad but true, you just have to accept it now.

They are the media darlings, with commentators and all of the major news outlets on their side.

We have absolutely zero chance of competing with them.
tbh i dont even consider them rivals anymore,they are light years ahead.
i used to get great joy watching them lose,they dont even lose anymore and everton never have a day in the sun.
throw in the rigged systems of uefa and epl and i just feel numb to it all!

Dobbin, Onyango, Simms, Branthwaite, Patterson.

We'd also attract better quality for the championship.

Not talking automatic promotion but we wouldn't go tumbling into the wilderness.
One thing that would be a bonus about going down is we would soon get rid of Kia Joorabchian, he won't hang about if we are down there as there is no money to be made for him in doing transfers down there.

View attachment 163443

Help us @Alan Whittle , you're our only hope.
2BAB57D3-F226-4CBF-9A5C-3F59350DF90F.webp

Wilf is Ready!

Everybody has forgotten that the wheels had fallen of long before Benitez. The end of season under the pensioner? Losing at home against Sheffield? Spanked by City? Losing at home against Fulham? Spanked at home by Villa?The whole stuff has taken years of incompetence at all levels. Brands is the number uno reason. The guy was laughable bad. Hiring midgets, girlies, guys unable to run and only crap to premium prices.

That's called a run of form and players reaching their ceiling. We were 2nd by February last season and 3 points off top 4 by May.

Issue was hiring a manager who didn't see the failings Carlo did and deciding his own way of doing things by destroying the club from the inside.

Yes issues were there but never to this point. And when you bring in a manger who forces the DoF, medical staff, and 2 of our most creative players out of the club...any cracks are suddenly ripped open.

We will. But things can never be the same again.

We will be a humiliated club and we all will carry that humiliation, each and every one of us.

This is epochal. Almost 70 years since we were in the lower tier.

It'll break this club in so many ways it's almost impossible to list them.
It would be the end of Everton Football Club.

It simply can’t be allowed to happen.

We must win on Sunday.

Goodison must be like a bear pit.

This squad as it currently is, without any sales, wouldn’t get promoted imo.
We will prob sell dcl, richarlison and Pickford should be enough to get a fee players decent t enough for the championship

I know we have some rubbish, but look at the championship top scorers mitrovic has 40 and SOLANKE has 26 lol lol... It really must be terrible and i think some of our youth players will do v well

18 points to play for get 18 and we are staying up

Hopefully Chelsea will do Frank a favour. Chelsea have a lot of problems atm
Leicester play a 2nd leg semi final in Rome 2 days before they play us.
Watford away is surely a game we can win.
Brentford at home..we beat them 4-0 at home earlier in the season and their season done by then
We owe Palace for 2 wholloping they given us this season
Arsenal well we see where we are
We have to target Leeds now if Burnley beat Watford they are only a win and a few points from safety that's the worry. Our schedule has been awful because we have always been behind in games played so every time we have to step up pressure is on our games, especially now Burnley are winning. Then there's the horrific away record. I'm fearing the worst this morning.

When I was born (in north London) Everton were in the old Division 2. By the time I was a year old they had finished runners up and were promoted back to Division 1. A few years of mid to bottom half finishes and then, before I was ten, they were 1962-63 Champions. Ironically, Burnley finished runners up. Not long after that my mum bought 'that' packet if Typhoo tea and the rest is history.

It's almost as if it's going full circle. If that means we finish one place ahead of Burnley then that's fine by me. If not then, as strange at it will seem, nobody will have died, the world will keep on turning and I'll still be blaming my mum for ruining my life ?
Similar history to me I was born September 54 in Dublin three months after we were promoted also the year Liverpool were last relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back