Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it for months we going down because our players haven't the bottle for a fight and we ain't winning 3-4 games til the end of the season.Club needs a total reboot and can see 50-60% of the squad been sold and get young hungry players in for the championship.

It would be the end of Everton Football Club.

It simply can’t be allowed to happen.

We must win on Sunday.

Goodison must be like a bear pit.
It feels like were gone right now.

We're reliant on Watford springing to life to deny Burnley all 3 points and us to beat Chelsea.

If that happens then we have a chance.

ATM I'd put our chances of survival after this damaging week of football at no more than 20%.

Things can still change though.

We would offload, say, DCL, Richy and Pickford if we went down but actually some of the much maligned fellows like Keane and Holgate would probably shine in the championship! Rondon could be the next Mitrovic!
I'm hoping it wont come to that of course.

Going down will be financial disaster for this club

We'd get at least a £100mill in player sales, a huge reduction in the wage bill, and a £40+mill parachute payment in the first year.

So that's about £140mill income at a guess for being relegated.

Spend the parachute payment, bring in some loans.

If as appears very likely now we go down I hope that Moshiri keeps his nerve, retains Lampard and allows him to build a young team.

It would be inevitable that the likes of Pickford , Mina , Keane, Allan , Doucoure ,Alli , Richarlison and DCL ( if anyone is crazy enough to pay a decent fee for him after this season ) will all move on.

Getting rid of Holgate Gomes and Iwobi will be harder.

Clearly we will bring in players but for a fraction of what we get in sales.

We can build a team around a defence of Patterson , Godfrey ( who really needs to improve quickly ) Branthwaite and Mykolenko.
Gordon shows fantastic promise but little end product and a year at a lower level could help him learn to stay on his feet and develop .
Simms, Dobbin and even ( God forbid Rondon ) will score goals at Championship level.
Recruitment will be needed in midfield and with a new keeper.

This sounds drastic but it's doable, just look at the transformation of Palace this season.

We are Everton , we can and we will come back.

The fear is also the Championship is a brutal unforgiving division of forty plus games, we don't have a squad capable currently of bouncing back. The tragedy is teams like Norwich /Burnley et al factor in relegation we are totally unprepared for it. Our owner and board have to go the mismanagement that will have allowed it to happen is catastrophic.

It feels like were gone right now.

We're reliant on Watford springing to life to deny Burnley all 3 points and us to beat Chelsea.

If that happens then we have a chance.

ATM I'd put our chances of survival after this damaging week of football at no more than 20%.

Things can still change though.
how would you see the future, if we got relegated? the end of the club as a serious outfit? just another in the long list of clubs that people feel sorry for ?

Whilst we have been terrible this season, we don’t get relegated if:

There was fair refereeing - we’d have at least 5 or 6 more points and be out the woods now

Our medical team could keep anyone fit.

We'd get at least a £100mill in player sales, a huge reduction in the wage bill, and a £40+mill parachute payment in the first year.
That's why we need to bounce back first season. Once the parachute payments are gone we'll have swapped £100-150m TV revenue for £5/6m. We'll only get one or maybe two bites of the Cherry before further huge cuts are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back