Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got to stick with them and hope, just hope for the best, the time to turn the venom on is as soon as the full time whistle sounds at Arsenal,or whichever game we could be done for even before that game.

Don't complain about the scheduling mate.
We are in this position because we are crap , end of.
2-1 up to Burnley and lose , there's the reason right there.
Concede 5 yes 5 at home to Watford.
Lose at Norwich.
Yep it's all down to the schedulers.
The players don't even think we are in trouble see Holgates comments.
FFS The sooner we as a club ,and us as supporters wake up to the reality of what we have become the sooner we can start fixing this mess.
I wouldn't blame the scheduling but we have had to play 3 games in a week quite a few times in the last few months all because other teams cancelled because of their inability to keep their players from mixing and catching COVID unlike us, but it's still not a reason to blame pur predicament on, that's on us and our inability to play football.

We'll need a small miracle now

I didn't see Burnley picking up 7 points from their last 9. That's a killer, plus we really needed to beat Leicester

We are now clear favourites to go down and although it's technically in our hands, it most likely won't be by this time next week

A shaky Chelsea at a roaring Goodison

Leicester away 3 days after a big game in Rome for them

Mid table sides Brentford & Palace at home

Cant see why we can't go on a run of form tbh.

The main reason for the mess we're in is the appointment of Benitez and our shocking fitness department.

If we didn't have 5-6 players out every single week including our main CF we wouldn't be in a relegation battle its that simple.

Having a fully fit DCL, VDB in CM and Patterson at RB and today's a different result as well imo.
Slightly corrected that for you!

While I agree with pretty much everything you've said there, the bold/underlined bit... I've seen that bandied about a lot over the last few days... let's be honest we have absolutely no way of knowing whether that's true or not. Honestly, I'd be shocked if it was true - for one, I'd be shocked if insurers etc would allow for contracts to be signed without them for any club that's bobbing around mid table or lower.
there's no bold bit mate sorry?

If you're referring to relegation clauses, do you really think Everton signed Allan, Doucoure etc with relegation clauses?

Do you really think they were forward thinking enough?

It’s scary how quickly we could become adrift. If Leeds get a win tonight and Burnley get a win on Saturday, we will be 5 adrift. Them two winning them games are not at all impossible.
Leeds will realise they are in a fight again, and put up some resistnce

I have no idea what Palace are playing for at this point in the season and have lost the last 3 as well.

If you're referring to relegation clauses, do you really think Everton signed Allan, Doucoure etc with relegation clauses?

no relegation clauses, these chancers arent going anywhere.

Leeds took 16 years!!!!!

Newcastle went down but were financially set to do so - that's how Ashley ran them. He didn't spend money in the PL but that meant if they went down they had money to have the biggest budget in the Championship by far.

Man City last went down in 1996 mate ffs

Everton are just not set up for relegation. I don't think people are quite grasping how bad it could be.

For one, we could be in very real danger of an automatic points deduction.

Two, all of the players would have to go pretty much, and none of them have relegation clauses I bet. So we'd be selling players way, way below their market value or having to loan them out just to get their wages out.

We have to make £50m as it is to avoid PL P&S punishment so that will be even stricter in the EFL. Everything goes down - matchday revenue, TV money etc - and we're using the TV money to keep us going right now.

Then we have the need to invest some money back into the squad to push for promotion because Everton have only budgeted for one year in the Championship.

So no, if we go down, it really is bad.
Of course it's bad.
Only a fool would say otherwise but it doesn't have to be terminal.

It’s scary how quickly we could become adrift. If Leeds get a win tonight and Burnley get a win on Saturday, we will be 5 adrift. Them two winning them games are not at all impossible.
On the other hand they could both lose their games and us beat Chelsea. Then Leeds have got city arsenal and Chelsea we could above them before we enter the last two weeks of the season. It's all it's an buts at the moment but I'd prefer to stay positive until we actually get relegated if it happens.

That's what I was referring to, yeah. Forgot to do the bold lol

If left to their own devices, yeah I doubt we would have. But at a guess I'd imagine insurers etc would insist on them,

I wish people would stop posting stats - ffs! We had certain divs here giving it all "but Burnley have 0.822384384 points from their first 31 games of the season" and then we sat and watched them take 6 points out of 6 with another easy game to come to make it 9 from 9. Points needed to avoid relegation in previous seasons mean absolutely nothing! We can get 41 points this season and still go down (Leeds get 3 more wins, end on 42, Burnley get 3 more wins, end on 42).

That's what I was referring to, yeah. Forgot to do the bold lol

If left to their own devices, yeah I doubt we would have. But at a guess I'd imagine insurers etc would insist on them,
They don't mate, why would they?

Maybe players they signed this year might have done, but I don't think Gray and Townsend or the FBs will be huge earners and I imagine most of them will be here if we go down.

But I highly doubt Gomes, Richarlison, DCL, Pickford, Doucoure, Allan, Mina etc have relegation clauses. At least 3 of them earn £100k a week or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back