Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not given up hope but the deflating blow was Burnley winning yesterday. I thought it would be a draw and still give us a fighting chance.
It goes without saying that we need to get something from every game and if that means setting up away from home like yesterday then so be it if it gets us 3-5 points.
Our home games are vital but I can’t see 3 wins given the pressure…maybe 5-6 points if players and fans are together throughout.
I’ve just realised that the FA Cup final is on 14th May and the day before we play Brentford at Goodison…what could be worse than that shower winning the cup and celebrating the homecoming in town whilst we are trying to avoid relegation.

What a mess.

Leeds took 16 years!!!!!

Newcastle went down but were financially set to do so - that's how Ashley ran them. He didn't spend money in the PL but that meant if they went down they had money to have the biggest budget in the Championship by far.

Man City last went down in 1996 mate ffs

Everton are just not set up for relegation. I don't think people are quite grasping how bad it could be.

For one, we could be in very real danger of an automatic points deduction.

Two, all of the players would have to go pretty much, and none of them have relegation clauses I bet. So we'd be selling players way, way below their market value or having to loan them out just to get their wages out.

We have to make £50m as it is to avoid PL P&S punishment so that will be even stricter in the EFL. Everything goes down - matchday revenue, TV money etc - and we're using the TV money to keep us going right now.

Then we have the need to invest some money back into the squad to push for promotion because Everton have only budgeted for one year in the Championship.

So no, if we go down, it really is bad.
How is it possible to impose points deduction in the first relegated season? Players are all sitting on their contract with no buyer is not entirely our fault?

How is it possible to impose points deduction in the first relegated season? Players are all sitting on their contract with no buyer is not entirely our fault?
We are very much on the brink of PL's P&S rules. We are only avoiding punishment because we've worked with the PL to do so.

The EFL's rules are a lot stricter, and we'd be way, way over what their losses would allow.

Basically if they didn't punish us we'd be very, very fortunate and other clubs would have an argument as to ask why not.

Bizarre that we don’t play at the same time or before Burnley before the last game

Next week: Burnley Sat 3pm; Everton 4:30pm Sun

7th/8th May: Burnley Sat 3pl; Everton 3pm Sunday

14th/15th May: Burnley Midday Sat: Everton 3pm

19th May: Burnley 8pm; Everton 7:45pm

Last game all 4pm

I'd beg to differ there is a massive gulf in quality between premier and championship, we will probably sell a couple but i could see us coming straight back up. I know I'll be called delusional but there are probably around six teams in the championship that will be fighting for promotion and we would definitely be one of them.

Yeah we won’t be coming straight back up, we struggled against every Championship side we faced in the cups this season.

We are very much on the brink of PL's P&S rules. We are only avoiding punishment because we've worked with the PL to do so.

The EFL's rules are a lot stricter, and we'd be way, way over what their losses would allow.

Basically if they didn't punish us we'd be very, very fortunate and other clubs would have an argument as to ask why not.
I can understand the punishment if we’re 2nd or 3rd season in the championship, but a fine in the first season? We might not find a buyer even if we give away our players for free. Surely that’s unfair.

I can understand the punishment if we’re 2nd or 3rd season in the championship, but a fine in the first season? We might not find a buyer even if we give away our players for free. Surely that’s unfair.
Life's unfair.

We'd be going into the EFL with what, £130m losses or whatever it is?

I'm sure their limit is £50m over three seasons.

Because not having them massively increases liability.

Anyway, let's be honest, neither of us knows. I've just seen it quoted as gospel all over the place that our players don't have them, when none of us would have any idea whether they do or not.
We can have a good idea mate because the people running the club are morons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back