Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s scary how quickly we could become adrift. If Leeds get a win tonight and Burnley get a win on Saturday, we will be 5 adrift. Them two winning them games are not at all impossible.

This is a terrible thought and very possible too. Then we face Chelsea and Leicester which could be Zero points. Then down to the last 4 games. Burnley could be out of sight.

This is a terrible thought and very possible too. Then we face Chelsea and Leicester which could be Zero points. Then down to the last 4 games. Burnley could be out of sight.
Which is why we desperately need a hand from Palace tonight. Seems lately every result and decision going against us, surely we are due some good luck.

I dread to think of what state our squad will be in if we get relegated. Any quality we have will be stripped out and we will be left with a bunch of massively overpaid players that nobody wants, fighting in a league that's way more savage and competitive than the premier league. Horrible to think that we have to rely on this squad to change our fortunes. What a mess.

Just got to stick with them and hope, just hope for the best, the time to turn the venom on is as soon as the full time whistle sounds at Arsenal,or whichever game we could be done for even before that game.
If we're depending on a result at Arsenal, then we may be up the creek it's not exactly a happy hunting ground.
Just sayin like.

Life's unfair.

We'd be going into the EFL with what, £130m losses or whatever it is?

I'm sure their limit is £50m over three seasons.
I’m sure there are ways to mitigate. With a certain deadline, but definitely not the first season. Our losses may well be covered by player sales in the first season and if we manage to climb back up in the first attempt, we are fine.

Second season might be a little trickier, but we are still cushion by contract expiry of numerous high paying players.

We will survive, financially, and should be able to navigate without points deduction. What worries me more is attracting quality players to push for promotion.

Like i said on another post cup games are different from week to week games
If we go down, which is likely let's face it

Then first-team players who I think will definitely stay would be:
Gordon
Branthwaite
Mykolenko
Coleman
Patterson
Davies
Rondon

Maybes
Gray
Godfrey
Docuoure

The rest are all gone, because they'd be out of contract or they would have to be sold

We'd need to build an entirely new squad, in a shoestring budget, in the Championship. And those players listed above aren't good enough as a core to get out that league. Nowhere near.

it’s more than enough, it’s £500m overall - irrelevant of what the net spend is.

We weren’t selling our best players year on year, we sold 2 in that time. The lack of plan, and giving managers the freedom to buy who they want, is the issue

See below Chris
People seem to forget we sold Lukaku Stones Barkley Gueye in that same period. There’s 200 mill before I even get into any other player sales. Then there’s the fact that all our purchases didn’t win the ballon dor and get CL football here so most of those figures with add one will never have been reached. We’re probably looking at a net spend of between 30-50 mill per season over that period which is absolutely cheap change to the top clubs and thanks to FFP that spend was all front loaded and is decreasing each season now.
Exactly. Looking at a total purchase figure is daft when we actually spend a max of £50mil a season -- its less than a lot of other clubs ahead of us.

I’m sure there are ways to mitigate. With a certain deadline, but definitely not the first season. Our losses may well be covered by player sales in the first season and if we manage to climb back up in the first attempt, we are fine.

Second season might be a little trickier, but we are still cushion by contract expiry of numerous high paying players.

We will survive, financially, and should be able to navigate without points deduction. What worries me more is attracting quality players to push for promotion.
Everton wouldn't be able to get up mate, no chance

Anyway, six games to save the club really.

All on them players. The home games HAVE to be won, all of them. No slip ups. We need 9 points at Goodison.

Then there needs to be a win on the road

It’s scary how quickly we could become adrift. If Leeds get a win tonight and Burnley get a win on Saturday, we will be 5 adrift. Them two winning them games are not at all impossible.

Half time at burnley 2-1. We would have been 10 points clear of them. Lost that game , then we were 4 points ahead . Fast forward a week when we beat Man U and drew to Leicester and sudenly we at 2 point behind and about to kick off at anfield

Everton win 4/5 of their next games and they're safe. It's a ridiculous ask I know.

If they take 9-10 points from those matches then it goes to the final day (gulp)

Anything less and they're gone

Half time at burnley 2-1. We would have been 10 points clear of them. Lost that game , then we were 4 points ahead . Fast forward a week when we beat Man U and drew to Leicester and sudenly we at 2 point behind and about to kick off at anfield
It was all on that Burnley game and that's why Jonjoe Kenny and Ben Godfrey can ultimately never be forgiven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back