Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been looking at Everton and Burnley fixtures...

I reckon we pull back above them on with 1 game left by 2 points. We lose to Arsenal and they get a point at Newcastle and we stay up.

Plot twist... both teams stay up...

What? Leeds go down.

There said - Note the date. :)
i agree - they do not have a nice run-in; worse than ours I think..

I reckon we pull back above them on with 1 game left by 2 points. We lose to Arsenal and they get a point at Newcastle and we stay up.

What? Leeds go down.

I did say that about 3 odd weeks ago, imagine if us and Burnley both stayed up and Leeds went down as no one was talking about them at all, it would have to be a massive twist, and defeat tonight keeps Leeds in it with games they have, but they are more than capable of causing a shock as they just attack so much, but on the other hand can concede just as easy

I noticed Burnley's last two games, the opposition played in their flip flops - the media - the referees &most teams want us out of the way relegated fact - to think Tony Kay got banned for his fix, for buttons, & Southampton & Wolves picked teams to play like that - It upset me more watching a very poor Burnley side beat a weakened Wolves side walk around the pitch for 90 minutes.

They did not do that at Goodison - we gave a valiant effort yesterday - just compare what their bench was like to ours .....
And yet saints can go two down at Brighton and fight back, just watch wolves v man city, their kopite captain will have them fired up for that one.

If we go down, which is likely let's face it

Then first-team players who I think will definitely stay would be:
Gordon
Branthwaite
Mykolenko
Coleman
Patterson
Davies
Rondon

Maybes
Gray
Godfrey
Docuoure

The rest are all gone, because they'd be out of contract or they would have to be sold

We'd need to build an entirely new squad, in a shoestring budget, in the Championship. And those players listed above aren't good enough as a core to get out that league. Nowhere near.
Why would it be a shoestring budget?

We will be the team everyone wants to beat down there believe me. Whether we come back of not depends on our recruitment.
Maybe but even if we did struggle against championship sides in the cup (which is another reason why they raised their games) they still couldn't beat us in 90 minutes. Plus since those games i think we are a better team than we were. Not saying I'd be looking forward to it but the quality level of the teams in the championship is being wildly overstated.

And yet saints can go two down at Brighton and fight back, just watch wolves v man city, their kopite captain will have them fired up for that one.
We are being fitted up like a kipper now - it is our fault we are where we are, but Burnley's revival I definitely suspect with their points tally is a joke teams are rolling over for them - Leicester made 7 strong changes v us too - plus why did VAR disappear for a nailed on pen yesterday the referee was nowhere near that incident ...... just happened to be the same referee who never gave us that blatant handball at home v city .... no coincidences - the media, the officials plus teams who may see us as strong opposition next year want us relegated ....

Obviously we don't want to go down.
But saying if we do there is no chance of coming back up is ridiculous.
Look at the squads Fulham but especially Bournemouth and even Huddersfield have. They are potentially coming back up. It would need smart recruitment. But it would be a definite possibility
believe once we got the use to the championship we would get a lot of good results and come back up quick

What? Leeds go down.

I think and hope you're right. Burnley have experience of this situation and have fought their way out of this a few times so I wouldn't bet against them doing it again. Leeds should bottle it and go into free-fall.

We'll beat Chelsea and be back in it!

(Trying to stay positive!)

It goes one of two ways if we go down. It's Sunderland or Leeds of a few years ago and we drop again and are down for year's. Or we do a Villa and bounce back having reset our squad of the mercenaries. I would hope a couple of these arses who helped sent us down would stay to get us back. Grealish did for Villa.

Burnley beat Watford on Saturday we are five points behind going into Chelsea, so even if we beat Chelsea we would still be two points shy of them. How come our games have been scheduled behind theirs every time? It puts each one under intense pressure. Also we have always been behind in games played all season, the other week we had a free weekend that could have been filled with a game. It makes it a mountain to climb we may be left hoping Leeds plummets and hoping we win the three games at the end of the season, its looking a tough ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back