Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt say there is little chance of us bouncing back quickly if we drop. Very much depends on who goes and stays. And attitude. Not that it means that much but id say Everton would probably be the bookies favourites if in that league next year.

We will have to sell the few good players we have. The others are nowhere near good enough and won't have the fight for a 46 game season

It was all on that Burnley game and we blew it. Stupid individual players who can’t hack it and wanted the ball away from their feet as soon as possible cost us.
It is on that game actually, that 6 point swing we will find it hard to fix now that we didn't beat Leicester and they beat Southampton to make it worse

It was all on that Burnley game and we blew it. Stupid individual players who can’t hack it and wanted the ball away from their feet as soon as possible cost us.
When you have a grock centre half who is best known for his aimless hoofs upfield (Tarkowski) bamboozling multiple players in the wing with kids swift footwork, you know you're doing something very, very wrong. DCL and Kenny were a kin disgrace for their second goal.

All they had to do was park the bus second half, and the last fifteen minutes v Watford, 2.1 up with fifteen minutes to go, just put defensive players on, it's not difficult .

In my own opinion, we'd probably need a season or two to adjust to the culture shock of The Championship but I'm not having it as a given that we would struggle and are set for continued and further decline.

We may be, but that depends, like so much else, on many other things. We could equally avoid relegation this season and go down the next.

I'd guess Norwich and Watford are battle-hardened and are set-up in effect to go down and come back up. We are not. But if this is where we are on 30th July, then its a clean slate for me.

The team will always get my support, not unconditionally, it isn't a cult, but when I can buy-in to what I see on the pitch and what they are trying to do. Like yesterday.

It is on that game actually, that 6 point swing we will find it hard to fix now that we didn't beat Leicester and they beat Southampton to make it worse
I noticed Burnley's last two games, the opposition played in their flip flops - the media - the referees &most teams want us out of the way relegated fact - to think Tony Kay got banned for his fix, for buttons, & Southampton & Wolves picked teams to play like that - It upset me more watching a very poor Burnley side beat a weakened Wolves side walk around the pitch for 90 minutes.

They did not do that at Goodison - we gave a valiant effort yesterday - just compare what their bench was like to ours .....

Leeds will realise they are in a fight again, and put up some resistnce

I have no idea what Palace are playing for at this point in the season and have lost the last 3 as well.
Leeds improved once Bielsa went. In their last 5 games they have earned 10 points, the same as Burnley. We have earned 4 points in our last 5 games. Only Villa and Watford have gained leess points than us in the past 5 games. Everyone else around seems to have been able to raise their game and improve on their points per game. We just continue to bumble along.

Just been looking at Everton and Burnley fixtures...

I reckon we pull back above them on with 1 game left by 2 points. We lose to Arsenal and they get a point at Newcastle and we stay up.

Plot twist... both teams stay up...

What? Leeds go down.

There said - Note the date. :)

Leeds improved once Bielsa went. In their last 5 games they have earned 10 points, the same as Burnley. We have earned 4 points in our last 5 games. Only Villa and Watford have gained leess points than us in the past 5 games. Everyone else around seems to have been able to raise their game and improve on their points per game. We just continue to bumble along.
We can have all the fight in the world, but if we don't start banging in some goals, we are gone. We literally dont have a player who can find the net enough.

Idk about anyone else and I'm new. But as bad as the Burnley loss was, it was negated with the win against Man U and their loss to Norwich unbelievably. They should've won that and beaten West Ham if not for that hopeless penalty miss. They should be +5 points from where they are.

I think we're the worst team excluding the first month of the season, so the fact we're in the race to survive is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back