Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a rule against "trimming the herd" in the PL? Going into the Championship isn't the refreshing renewal and purge of all things wrong that some seem to be painting it as. To my mind it's blind optimism over reality in the same way that hiring a past-it kopite as manager because he's a safe pair of hands is a good idea.

And while I like the idea of academy players coming in and performing there isn't a guarantee. The fact several managers have come and gone without being too keen on the younger players maybe tells a story. Even Lampard, who we are often (inaccurately) told single-handedly brought through a crop of young players at Chelsea, has been reluctant to chance them over players he's openly accused of lacking bollocks.
Let's take one problem at a time. Likely we are going down now. Hard times ahead but not an inevitability this leads to a continued downward spiral. Heads need to roll. If that happens we have a chance to recover.

I'm just not having this narrative at all. It's been coming since they appointed Benitez - that's not a while. You'd have been up there with David Icke and Chicken Little if you said we'd be in this position this time last year
When I said a while I meant in terms of this season. Obviously after last season there's no way anyone expected to be where we are.

Ive seen us in far worse spots than this.
I'm sorry mate but teams of the past might have been crap but they had grafters in them. I just don't see any of that in this bunch. They're mercenaries and most of them downed tools months ago. This is our darkest hour as a football club. We genuinely are circling the abyss and I just don't see us bouncing back if we go down. I honestly think we are like Leeds when they went down. We could be in the doldrums for the best part of a decade.

It's still up to us to determine our fate. Didn't really matter what other teams do. If we win all our games we stay up.

4 wins from 6 should see us safe.

1 legged cat trying to bury its turd on a frozen pond springs to mind.

Im at the stage now i think there is a bit of pressure off and we just go all out attack. No more richarlison up top on his own. Play rondon aswell. And hope for a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.