Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really need to start turning those defeats into draws. Hopefully what we seen Saturday is a glimpse of things to come. Newcastle and Leeds are massive games. Need at least 4 points to give us some breathing room and confidence. The performance Saturday has at least given us hope we can put away the poorer teams in the league with the right attitude and tactics. Lose to Newcastle and it puts a lot of pressure on us going into the Leeds game.

Would it be the worst thing in the World? Secure key players to good contracts. With the amount of companies the Board have got ties to and the assumed wealth sponsorship for players is a good way to funnel money to them so financially that's not a problem. The manager has a year or 2 at the worst to build an actual team that doesn't play like half hearted, disinterested strangers.
We win a trophy at Goodison in the last game played there, and then we start fresh. For all the history we have with the old lady, that's all it is History, has zero value in today's game at the very top. It is time to move on and what better a way to start than by winning the Championship for the first time and a Cup double just for Shits'n'Giggles. But then again I believe Unicorns existed.

Would it be the worst thing in the World? Secure key players to good contracts. With the amount of companies the Board have got ties to and the assumed wealth sponsorship for players is a good way to funnel money to them so financially that's not a problem. The manager has a year or 2 at the worst to build an actual team that doesn't play like half hearted, disinterested strangers.
We win a trophy at Goodison in the last game played there, and then we start fresh. For all the history we have with the old lady, that's all it is History, has zero value in today's game at the very top. It is time to move on and what better a way to start than by winning the Championship for the first time and a Cup double just for Shits'n'Giggles. But then again I believe Unicorns existed.

Yes. Could have just stopped there.

Unbelievable

What a weird post

My optimism says we got at least 9 wins from the games we have left which will se us finish with at least 46 points, irrespective of what happens tomorrow.... what do we reckon?

View attachment 155156

I doubt we get anything from playing the top three. I think Spurs & Arsenal will also be a step too far.

5 home wins from the remaining games and couple of draws from the other away games would give us 17 more points. Which because of how poor a lot of teams are this season 'should' be enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if Southampton, Palace & Brentford aren't also dragged in

It is but the reason why we looked so bad is because we were giving up 70% possession and asking teams to do their worst, which they invariably did. It's not good for defenders with low confidence. if we can get 55% (at home) then they won't look as bad as they have done, also once you show a clear and present threat you kind of prevent them from attacking at will as they worry what you'll do to them if they go forward in numbers.

Of course Mina is key to dealing with corners/crosses and providing a threat in the opposition area. DCL coming back will also help. We will struggle without him/them but if he has another spell on the sidelines we have a bit more tools to score multiple goals in the game too.
All true.

I feel we are massively stronger now compared to pre Christmas with returning players and new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back