Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

My optimism says we got at least 9 wins from the games we have left which will se us finish with at least 46 points, irrespective of what happens tomorrow.... what do we reckon?

1644255760773.webp

My optimism says we got at least 9 wins from the games we have left which will se us finish with at least 46 points, irrespective of what happens tomorrow.... what do we reckon?

View attachment 155156
If the squad play were to the potential I think they have then I've gone through those fixtures and come up with 29 pts. Jeez if we were sitting 7/8th we'd say that's a fair and conservative tally. With confidence low it and in 16th it may come across as a silly shout.

View attachment 155156
Good to see your optimism and I’m not joking but I think 9 wins is stretching it a little. Still think it will be a struggle myself but I think we will stay up. However, if we do manage a decent points return from the next three games your nine wins might be doable given the injection of confidence and momentum that will bring

Good to see your optimism and I’m not joking but I think 9 wins is stretching it a little. Still think it will be a struggle myself but I think we will stay up. However, if we do manage a decent points return from the next three games your nine wins might be doable given the injection of confidence and momentum that will bring
My opinion is based on the fact we got 9 home games left, I back us against anyone at home. Of course you arent gonna win all of them but if we can get 6 wins from 9 we just need 3 wins from 9 away games. For 9 wins we only need to win 50% of our remaining games, defo do-able... I think anyway.

Squad depth miles better but CD still light.

It is but the reason why we looked so bad is because we were giving up 70% possession and asking teams to do their worst, which they invariably did. It's not good for defenders with low confidence. if we can get 55% (at home) then they won't look as bad as they have done, also once you show a clear and present threat you kind of prevent them from attacking at will as they worry what you'll do to them if they go forward in numbers.

Of course Mina is key to dealing with corners/crosses and providing a threat in the opposition area. DCL coming back will also help. We will struggle without him/them but if he has another spell on the sidelines we have a bit more tools to score multiple goals in the game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back