Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can pick up a few home wins but we really need to start grinding out some draws here and there as well. We have far too many losses this season. We can’t defend and lack the heart to grind anything out. Hopefully we can out score some of the lesser teams but against a good team we don’t stand a chance.

Anybody thinking that this present squad could cut it in the Championship needs a reality check.
It's knowing that we'd wallow for a few seasons before returning that is the real scary bit.
Believe me, its not about the ridicule headed our way if the unthinkable should happen, its about the anger towards those that have overseen our fall from grace.
Not advocating violence or anything, but I would imagine if we are relegated before our final home game it could be an absolute bloodbath.

We beat Arsenal and drew with Chelsea away, beat Brighton away, drew with Leeds away (should have beaten them). Should have beaten United away.

The performances are there in this group of players to easily get out of this IF they are willing to work. Look how easily we swept aside Brentford at the weekend, a PL team above us in the table and we just swatted them away.

This is purely about the desire of the players. If they want to work and play to anywhere near their capability we move away from this with ease. If they continue to be unprofessional, unwilling to concentrate, unwilling to work on a match day, unwilling to take responsibility, then we’ll keep losing games, simple as that.

We beat Arsenal and drew with Chelsea away, beat Brighton away, drew with Leeds away (should have beaten them). Should have beaten United away.

The performances are there in this group of players to easily get out of this IF they are willing to work. Look how easily we swept aside Brentford at the weekend, a PL team above us in the table and we just swatted them away.

This is purely about the desire of the players. If they want to work and play to anywhere near their capability we move away from this with ease. If they continue to be unprofessional, unwilling to concentrate, unwilling to work on a match day, unwilling to take responsibility, then we’ll keep losing games, simple as that.
I think this is where you get carried away talking about mentality all the time. Concentration and taking responsibility are actually skills. Football isn't just about being good at kicking a ball, it's about making the right decisions, awareness, movement, concentration, consistency, knowing your limitations etc. The best players are able to maintain high standards of those things over and over again, lesser players aren't. It's not as simple as just not trying hard enough or not having the right mentality, some players just struggle to produce the same level of performance on a regular basis. It's way too simplistic to put inconsistency down to lack of effort.

For me, the underlying problem is certain players are earning far more money than they should be and they know that if we got anywhere near Europe, the wouldn't be anywhere near the this club (namely Keane, holgate, Davies, Delph, gomes, iwobi, tosun, Kenny and rondon).

They have no desire for Everton to do well because they wouldn't be here.

What worries me is I remember the sides that stayed up last day, ok yeah even if Chelsea and Hans Segers did do us favours, them squads had fight, it meant something to them. This one hasnt. How many of our players would really lose sleep if we went down? Most would probably put a transfer request in the next day.
Added to that the league is a lot more competitive now.
What we do need is a very strong supportive Goodison, it's all on them home games

What worries me is I remember the sides that stayed up last day, ok yeah even if Chelsea and Hans Segers did do us favours, them squads had fight, it meant something to them. This one hasnt. How many of our players would really lose sleep if we went down? Most would probably put a transfer request in the next day.
Added to that the league is a lot more competitive now.
What we do need is a very strong supportive Goodison, it's all on them home games

Coleman maybe. The rest not a wink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back