Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brentford will give tgem a run for their money.
And us / palace.

Brighton will slow down but are safe cos of their head start. Southampton likewise. These clubs also have the benefit of having 'been through this', which Leeds haven't/Brentford haven't, and us.

I think Burnley will struggle for wins, likewise Norwich... but a sniff of hope and football changes. Watford look a bit lame under Hodgson and I think will go. 4 draws 4 wins I think will keep us up.

If we continue to play 3 at the back and those three are Holgate, Keane, Branthwaite then we are in big trouble. Lampards is clearly trying to figure out his best wingbacks (Digne my god!!) lets hope Patterson gets a look in soon.

And us / palace.

Brighton will slow down but are safe cos of their head start. Southampton likewise. These clubs also have the benefit of having 'been through this', which Leeds haven't/Brentford haven't, and us.

I think Burnley will struggle for wins, likewise Norwich... but a sniff of hope and football changes. Watford look a bit lame under Hodgson and I think will go. 4 draws 4 wins I think will keep us up.
You can bet your bottom dollar that one of Burnleys wins will be at home to the RS

When we go down, I bet we aren't even favorites to come straight back up. I reckon next season we'll struggle to get to the playoffs, and even if we do, it's obvious our players will buckle under the pressure and will lose.

Seriously starting to think a season in the championship and a chance to rebuild might not be a bad thing.
We are just making up the numbers in the PL now, just like Burnley, Watford and others.

What we had under Moyes is now a distant memory and in hindsight it really makes you realise that Ancelotti overachieved to get 59 points with these wasters.

Our only hope is that the new incomings of DVB, Alli and El Ghazi can liven us up. Patterson and Mykolenko too.

Throw DCL, Gray, Richy and Doucoure in with those and we have a chance of staying up, if players could stop getting injured for maybe just a few weeks.

The centre half situation is dire though. Mina can seriously GTF, Keane and Holgate are just garbage.
Hate to disagree but if this lot go down we won’t be coming back up quickly, and I suspect that would put BMD in serious doubt! Relegation would be an absolute disaster for this club!

Totally agree on Mina though, last night was pretty much the last straw for me, weak of mind and even weaker of body - although I suspect he’ll be fit next time Columbia come calling!

When we go down, I bet we aren't even favorites to come straight back up. I reckon next season we'll struggle to get to the playoffs, and even if we do, it's obvious our players will buckle under the pressure and will lose.

This. It isn’t even a new thing unique to these set of players. The whole mentality of the club has been rotten for over 20 years. Even under the relative stability with Moyes we still bottled every big game we had. Only one i can think of that you could say we made it through, was the Man U semi we won on pens to their 2nd string. So we almost cocked that up to.

We can only perform at a satisfactory level when there’s nothing big riding on the outcome of the game. Which is why, for me anyway, we look doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back