Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Everton players I have time for at the moment are Richarlison Allan Gray Gordon, the rest are dossers, obviously Im not including the new signings into this.

The only Everton players I have time for at the moment are Richarlison Allan Gray Gordon, the rest are dossers, obviously Im not including the new signings into this.

I don’t understand why Allan avoids the dosser category personally. He is a player that needs replacing as a matter of urgency with an energetic midfielder that can cope with the intensity of the Premier League.

I don’t understand why Allan avoids the dosser category personally. He is a player that needs replacing as a matter of urgency with an energetic midfielder that can cope with the intensity of the Premier League.
He is our best midfielder at the moment, he is showing passion and looks like he cares, the other dossers look like they are going through the motions, blank careless expressions on their faces.

Ultimately the decision to keep the FSW employed as long as we did is still costing us. Reality is if we get rid of him even two weeks earlier and get Lampard in quick, we are in an infinitely better position. We keep Digne, Lampard has more time to identify targets (instead of literally just deadline day) and more time to build momentum and prepare for these crucial fixtures. My worry is that after Leeds our fixtures only get harder and we have missed our prime opportunity to secure some badly needed points. Ideally he should have been gone after the derby but unfortunately our owner is insane

Hate to disagree but if this lot go down we won’t be coming back up quickly, and I suspect that would put BMD in serious doubt! Relegation would be an absolute disaster for this club!

Totally agree on Mina though, last night was pretty much the last straw for me, weak of mind and even weaker of body - although I suspect he’ll be fit next time Columbia come calling!
If we go down it would be absolute madness to build BMD in the championship , we would end up as rangers mark2 if we commit to a £600 million project without revenue coming in . Any parachute payments are gonna be swallowed up in wages of existing contracts .

It would have to be mothballed I imagine

This Season has been a perfect storm of crapness.

. Great start
. Injury nightmares (but it will be ok when they return..)
. Benitez making multiple baffling decisions
. Not sacking Benitez earlier when it was clear he was done
. Giving Benitez full control of footballing managers…then sacking off the manager a few days later
. Sacking off Digne…then sacking off the manager a few days later
. The pointless El Ghazi loan!!!
. Employing Lampard on the last day of the window and a mad rush for arguably a player we didn’t need in dele
. Try to bed in a new system when we are desperately in the muck, with players who are not up to the job.

If we survive it will just be through a massive stroke of luck.

I still can’t get over the El Ghazi move…arguably he is a fifth choice winger - after grey,gordon, richarlison, Townsend, iwobi…WHAT. WAS. THE POINT. I doubt he will see a minute. All at the time when we are desperately short of a decent centre back, left back cover and a defensive mid.

Last night we had Rondon,tosun,delph, Davies, gbamin, doucoure , mykolenko all not in the squad. The squad is bloated and got a ridiculous lack of balance to it.

There are seventeen games to play, plenty of time and plenty of points to play for.

I think the manager may have learned some lessons last night and we may see the fruit of that on Saturday.

I think Richarlison will be on the left, Gordon on the right and DCL in the middle.

VDB will come into the middle with Allan and maybe Gomes as well and then revert to a back four.

We've also only played 1 Prem game under the new manager. If the cup game against a Premier league side above us is anything to go by then we'll pick up points.

They're not anything to judge as they are 3 points from 24 themselves. They could be one to fall like a stone but we have to get above them first.
Another team who couldnt buy a win that turned Everton over. Brentford..norwich..watford..newcastle..
Truth is we deserved to be bleedin relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back