Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows you what kind of players we have. Turning on the performances when there's a higher profile adversary.
Can’t cope under pressure!

Tbf they were pretty good second half v Arsenal and solid enough v Spurs other than that though…it’s pretty scary form/performances.

Seasons not over yet mate. We could well get relegated but it's not over yet. Everyone has just give up after 17 games. Relegation battles dont kick in properly til the last handful of games when all other teams have given up. Injuries are our biggest issue after Benitez being here. Sort the injuries and get players back and we'll scrape enough imo. Lampard only needs a 39% win rate probably to stay up.

Hmm. A bit.
Biggest problem is we cant keep a clean sheet. Even with everyone fit.

Shows you what kind of players we have. Turning on the performances when there's a higher profile adversary.
Not really. Chelsea was one of the most one sided games we've had all season but somehow they didn't put any of their myriad of chances away in the first half away and we managed to fluke a point. Spurs was just a poor game all round really, and the United game was at the start of the season when we were picking up a few decent results. I wouldn't be putting money on us to be getting much in the return fixtures.

Desperately need Brentford to keep playing like they did on Saturday. Newcastle should stay up and Burnley have that little bit of grit and character needed for a late escape. It’s going to be very difficult.

Not really. Chelsea was one of the most one sided games we've had all season but somehow they didn't put any of their myriad of chances away in the first half away and we managed to fluke a point. Spurs was just a poor game all round really, and the United game was at the start of the season when we were picking up a few decent results. I wouldn't be putting money on us to be getting much in the return fixtures.

Chelsea game looks good on paper. 1-1.
Reality. We were embarrassingly all over the place and hanging on by our fingernails from virtually the first minute. We often look like a non league side in cup games in some of these grounds. In fact id say they look better. I think plymouth gave them more of a game.
Thats what i eventualy want to get away from. Looking so far out of our depth at times that we dont even look like we're in the same division. Im hoping lampard will be that sort of manager, in the long term. Got sh!tloads to clear out first.

Chelsea game looks good on paper. 1-1.
Reality. We were embarrassingly all over the place and hanging on by our fingernails from virtually the first minute. We often look like a non league side in cup games in some of these grounds. In fact id say they look better. I think plymouth gave them more of a game.
Thats what i eventualy want to get away from. Looking so far out of our depth at times that we dont even look like we're in the same division. Im hoping lampard will be that sort of manager, in the long term. Got sh!tloads to clear out first.
Yeah it was a total mismatch, and as you say, that's the case far too often.

Watford, Norwich and Newcastle are easily three of the worst teams in the division. I don't think anybody would seriously argue with that. Our record against them in our three most recent games is scored 4, conceded 10. We are not simply losing to these sides - we are getting battered by them. We are not too good to go down. We are primed to go down.

Be an absolute monumental turnaround in form to keep us up …View attachment 155415
Again how can you look at that. Particularly our last game where fellow relegation strugglers played us off the park and made tap-out pretty much. Could have had 5 or 6.

And think.. ah we'll be fine.

Course its a possibility. And we very well may well do. But as it stands to be so blase about 'we'll be fine'. Is dog in a burning gaf meme material.

Hope lampard doesn’t think like some of these fans ! My word ! Newcastle did what we’ve done to teams above us over the years when we’ve really needed to ! The lads against Chelsea the other week spring to mind although it was only a draw ! Our players are weak on the road and we need goodison to be a fortress to get the points but it’s not mission impossible ! Quite doable !

You say this like it's a bad thing.

That is true. It would be a very different squad as we have so many players on wages who we could not afford in the Championship but most fans would not be concerned about them leaving.

Our top earners (in order) are Mina, Van De Beek, Gomes, Pickford, Sigurdsson, Alli, Richarlison, Delph, Godfrey, Doucoure, Coleman, Allan, Gbamin, Keane, Tosun and Iwobi.

For different reasons, I could see only Godfrey and maybe Keane staying in the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back