Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are seventeen games to play, plenty of time and plenty of points to play for.

I think the manager may have learned some lessons last night and we may see the fruit of that on Saturday.

I think Richarlison will be on the left, Gordon on the right and DCL in the middle.

VDB will come into the middle with Allan and maybe Gomes as well and then revert to a back four.
A back four of who though? They’re either injured or crap, or in some cases both

So we'll need 21 points to get to the 'magic' 40 that's more than we have now. Maybe just 15 more points will do, that'll be 34 points. Maybe our home form will see us over the line as I don't feel there's much hope in picking up too many away points.

We've also only played 1 Prem game under the new manager. If the cup game against a Premier league side above us is anything to go by then we'll pick up points.
Fair comment, but……..we’re gonna need at least 20 more points, and atm I can’t see where those points are coming from

If the team does get relegated, Calvert Lewin, Richarlison, Gray, Pickford and probably 5-10 others will all leave immediately. The team we would field in the Championship would be unrecognisable.

They're not anything to judge as they are 3 points from 24 themselves. They could be one to fall like a stone but we have to get above them first.
Another team who couldnt buy a win that turned Everton over. Brentford..norwich..watford..newcastle..
Truth is we deserved to be bleedin relegated.
Seasons not over yet mate. We could well get relegated but it's not over yet. Everyone has just give up after 17 games. Relegation battles dont kick in properly til the last handful of games when all other teams have given up. Injuries are our biggest issue after Benitez being here. Sort the injuries and get players back and we'll scrape enough imo. Lampard only needs a 39% win rate probably to stay up.

Seasons not over yet mate. We could well get relegated but it's not over yet. Everyone has just give up after 17 games. Relegation battles dont kick in properly til the last handful of games when all other teams have given up. Injuries are our biggest issue after Benitez being here. Sort the injuries and get players back and we'll scrape enough imo. Lampard only needs a 39% win rate probably to stay up.

Less than that really. 5 wins is probably enough if we get a couple of draws. That's under 30% and less than 1 in 3.

If we win 5, draw 2 and lose 10, then I think we stay up. I see 36 as the number.

5 wins looks a huge amount of wins right now in fairness. But I'm trying to stay optimistic. If we can do back to back wins at any point, we put a large dent in that number.

A back four of who though? They’re either injured or crap, or in some cases both
There are a number of options. Unfortunately none of them are ideal but with three in midfield and possibly Allan acting as a dm then we could be alright.

I am guessing Mykolenko will be absent so that leaves Coleman, Kenny, Keane, Branthwaite, Holgate, Patterson.
It could mean moving Coleman to left back again or possibly playing Holgate left back .

There are seventeen games to play, plenty of time and plenty of points to play for.

I think the manager may have learned some lessons last night and we may see the fruit of that on Saturday.

I think Richarlison will be on the left, Gordon on the right and DCL in the middle.

VDB will come into the middle with Allan and maybe Gomes as well and then revert to a back four.

But all the other teams have 17 games left too, and you’re failing to take into account that we pick up 2 injuries to key players per week.

With 2 games in hand as well i'd expect us to finish above Brentford even if one of the bottom 3 really get on a roll.

Even in the league game at their place they were really dire that day and other than a pen out of nothing there was nothing in the game.

Like us they're relying on picking up a few home wins.

Be an absolute monumental turnaround in form to keep us up …
7FFF5515-72EE-43C0-8717-E3227FB7DFDF.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back