Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main concern is that we'll simply run out of games, when the managerial change should have happened before the end of 2021. Last night will have been much more useful to Lampard than Saturday was, but I still worry that he won't have long enough even if/when things click into place. We have enough home games in which to get us over the line, so it's very doable, but after results like last night the margin for error grows ever slimmer. I don't think we're in a relegation fight, as to be in one you have to be seen to be scrapping, and that really isn't the case so far; hopefully Lampard can change this.
The tyranny of numbers.

I think Brentford and Watford will go down

Hopefully we can just do enough to survive.

We seem to up our game against some of the better teams, maybe we can get a point or two when we least expect it

Not looking great at all, but we have to believe we will have premier league football next year,

For next season, build a defence that works.

He was surplus to a Moyes side.

He'd be captain first bloke on the team sheet today. ... half billion later.

makes-me-sick-the-wire.gif

Its the money spent to do so is the part that I genuinely feel I haven't processed fully. Yes I can say spent half a billion to take a broke club who made net profit in transfer windows and managed Europe most seasons to be a bottom of the table club.

You can say that. Dont think we can truly obsorb the information to feel whatever you are supposed to feel about that.

Things would feel a lot better if we could win on Saturday.

They really have to turn up and do it though, in a league game.

Not getting three points on Saturday will have huge repercussions I think, but a win would at least stop the rot and potentially get something going.

We won’t beat Leeds unless we’re prepared to match their work rate all over the pitch. Honestly it’s probably the last game I’d want to be facing right now, in this form. Then we have another hyper pressing team up next away from home in Southampton. They’ve just played Spurs off the park on their own patch and deservedly won. It certainly doesn’t look great.

Things would feel a lot better if we could win on Saturday.

They really have to turn up and do it though, in a league game.

Not getting three points on Saturday will have huge repercussions I think, but a win would at least stop the rot and potentially get something going.

It would feel slightly better. We need to string a few results together. Whatever rare good result we've had has been followed by a run of whiffy results.

So if Norwich and brentford are the ones as a treat. We only have to out do them in form by 7 or 8 points in terms of form. Regarding they dont improve. Off the back of been dominated by Newcastle.

We'll be fiiiiiiiiine

We won’t beat Leeds unless we’re prepared to match their work rate all over the pitch. Honestly it’s probably the last game I’d want to be facing right now, in this form. Then we have another hyper pressing team up next away from home in Southampton. They’ve just played Spurs off the park on their own patch and deservedly won. It certainly doesn’t look great.

Genuinely fear these. Sometimes they are proper crap and we just swat them aside. But sometimes, like when they slapped our lazy arses all over last season at theirs, they just full on beast us. They look in the mood at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back