Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wàs the last 'real' leader on the pitch - someone who commanded the respect of the others and would give everything for him? Who could inspire the team and give them that do or die spirit? Possibly Coleman in his pomp but time has caught up and he is now a busted flush. We absolutely need an Alpha male in the team who can do just that because this current squad are heedless - even headless - without a 'General' on the pitch to knock them into shape.

I really liked Digne and I like Gray/Gordon. Other than those tho? Could not care less if any of them put in a transfer request right now to go to Qatar with James.
This I also still like Richy Dom Doucs and Mina wish he wasn’t made of paper. the rest apart from the January signings I can’t stand.

Watford spanked us! Leeds probably will this weekend, Norwich outplayed us, Newcastle spanked us - our gutless mob don’t inspire with me confidence. Wonder goals have saved us a few points this season too, DCL when he’s back is likely to miss every 50/50 chance it’s as if he needs to fluke it in unless it’s with his head
I know all this already, how does this relate to my post?

Genuine question. At what point does the manager sit down with this group of players and talk about the R word? Does this ever happen or do the players and staff simply get on with preparing for the next game? I mean, I would like to think that some sort of extraordinary general meeting takes place between players/staff to discuss the severity or the current situation and try to spark some sort of reaction from them? Do they understand what is at stake here and do they comprehend what we as fans are currently going through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back